Best "quick wax"?

What's the best quick wax in your opinion?

Right now I'm using Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax ... spray on a clean car, wipe off with a bit of a buff, and have it all done in about 5-10 minutes.

Is there anything better out there? The qualities I'm looking for are: most protective, longest-lasting, and shiniest in that order - one that can be used and done with in less than 10 minutes.

The only Lucas product i buy, and this stuff is great!

51IMwOhR21L._SY355_.jpg

Optimum Spray Wax. An oldie but a goodie.

Seems to go on just as thick as a hand paste wax but can be applied easily after a wash.

In the old days Eagle One Wax As You Dry was also really decent but I haven't seen much about it in some years.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Optimum Spray Wax. An oldie but a goodie.

Seems to go on just as thick as a hand paste wax but can be applied easily after a wash.

In the old days Eagle One Wax As You Dry was also really decent but I haven't seen much about it in some years.
What he said. It lasts!

Originally Posted By: wemay

51IMwOhR21L._SY355_.jpg

It may works great for you, but I think here are other brands just as good or better.

Personally, I don't want to pay a penny for any Lucas product.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: wemay

51IMwOhR21L._SY355_.jpg

It may works great for you, but I think here are other brands just as good or better.

Personally, I don't want to pay a penny for any Lucas product.

Lucas Slick Mist is a good spray wax, just as good or better than some of the higher priced boutique sprays, I use it and happy with the results, no hangups using Lucas products
lol.gif

I've been using the Meg's UQW and/or D156 (same stuff, bulk package) for a couple years. It does work great! Looks great, easy to apply and lasts a good while considering its just a spray.

That said, I picked up a bottle of Eagle 1 Wax-as-you-dry for $0.99 on clearance and used that all winter. Definitely leaves a much deep gloss compared to the Megs as well as being absolutely, rediculously, stupid easy to apply... but doesn't hold up for long at all.

I will probably switch to the eagle one product after using up my considerable supply of UQW/D156. Maybe.

Never used it but heard many good comments on Duragloss # 951AW (Aquawax).
I just use the Duragloss 105 since it goes on and comes off so easy, why both with a spray.

Originally Posted By: ronbo
Never used it but heard many good comments on Duragloss # 951AW (Aquawax).
I just use the Duragloss 105 since it goes on and comes off so easy, why both with a spray.

I've used AW for a few years now and while it is a great post wash QD with mild slickness, the longevity is not there. It goes on like water so even though it is a synthetic formulation I can't find myself trusting it too much.

That being said, I love Duragloss products and would gladly use them any day. I just think AW should be renamed to a QD.

I currently use aqua wax and optimum spray wax...both are excellent on a car or truck thats been takin care of...You know one thats been polished 1 (or two) time(s) a yr...i have no issues with durability as i use it after every wash which is usually every other week. The meguiars mentioned is also a nice otc product. I also want to mention that i use the lucas interior detail spray with excellent results.

I maintain a small fleet of aircraft. To keep them shiny, I've discovered EZ Detailer Wax. It's a tall can of pressurized spray on Carnauba wax that is very easy to use. Wipes clean instantly.

I've not found anything that's easier, and the shine is world class.

Anyway, best I've found. I love this stuff.

maxresdefault.jpg

Two Guys Garage reviewed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln0sXMAUDu8

Off the Shelf? I would say Meguiars ultimate, and Turtle Wax Ice. Groit's is great as well.

Best non off the shelf? Optimum, Mckee's. IMO

Back