Best product to remove dog scratch on paint.

I’m looking for a product that maybe I can use to compound or buff out these superficial light scratches on black paint. It looks like a dog jumped up on the paint or something.
I’m not looking to do a full paint correction or anything like that I don’t think lol Suggestions? The spot is not terribly big maybe the size of the gas cap cover total. I did put wax over the spots for now and they got a lot better so that gives me hope I can buy a product specially made for these type of scratches and have great results.
Thanks 🙏
A97282D2-5006-4B0D-9437-3819206F57E6.jpeg

It's hard to judge without seeing it in person.

I'd probably wet sand them.

I don't know what you have on hand but I'd try maroon bottle Meguiars Rubbing Compound first.

I think those scratches might have been caused by something.

If you can feel them with your fingernail then only a correction will remove them.

For something quick and easy, wet sand with 1500, then 2000. Follow up with polishing compound like Meguiars 110, twice, using a dual action polisher if you have one, by hand if you don't. Finish with wax or sealant of choice.

I would start with a 3000 grit finishing paper or foam pad. You can always go heavier on the abrasive if needed. Then move up to a red compound of some type, followed by a white, and then a finishing glaze. Finally you can wax it with a good cleaner wax that contains a mild abrasive to get the polish shine you are looking for.

I wouldn't go grabbing sandpaper and grinders before I tried some rubbing compound as it works a lot better than one might expect. Rub it aggressively and see what happens.

I'd have a go at that with 3M Swirlmark Remover and my random orbital sander (set up with polishing pads of course). Those scratches might come right out.

And I'd stay away from any kind of sand paper until I'd done at least that.

Let me clarify my post about the 3000 reference. I am referring to a 3000 polishing pad, like this one.

Not necessarily 3000 grit wet sand paper......there is a difference. Another safer move would be to take it past a body or detail shop and ask them for an estimate to polish it out.

Back