Best heat range spark plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your corolla Denso or NGK is the best choice comming from lots of toyota experience, if you want cheap you can get NGK G power platinums from NAPA for around 2-3 dollars each

Get the hottest temperature spark plug you can get away with for your car without it pinging. It should return better fuel economy and less emissions IMO.

NGK/DENSO are best left for the asian cars like Toyota, Honda, Hyundai etc.

AC/DELCO is best left for GM products

Autolite is best left for Ford products

BOSCH is best left in the trash bin IMO and replaced with NGK, but I don't wanna upset the Germans on the board so keep it on VW's Mercedes etc...
grin2.gif

NGK/DENSO are best left for the asian cars like Toyota, Honda, Hyundai etc.

AC/DELCO is best left for GM products

Autolite is best left for Ford products

BOSCH is best left in the trash bin IMO and replaced with NGK, but I don't wanna upset the Germans on the board so keep it on VW's Mercedes etc...
grin2.gif

[/quote] x2 on the other 3 brands, but I can say Ive got Denso Irridiums in my Land Rovers with great results...

I ran Bosch platinums in my Chevy 5.7 liter pickup for years. Never a problem. Easy starts, excellent mileage. These were the satndard plugs, not those multiple electrode things they sell. Bosch has, I understand, one of the lowest firing voltages of any plug.

We don't use Bosch anymore, unless they are vehicle specific stock plugs.
BTW,platinum tips have absolutely nothing to do with the heat range.
Use the factory heat range plugs. Your objective and goal is that they stay clean under all conditions.
If you are racing or highway driving exclusively, you can go one heat range colder.

I've always ran Champions in everything and been happy. I put some Autolites in my Jeep last time and they seem to run smoother than the Champions ever did.

I've got about 15K on the Autolites now and plan on going another 15K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back