Best headlight lens restore product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you folks think is the best lens restore product? I tried the 3M kit, and it worked good for a little bit, but now my lenses are back to being hazy and cloudy. Thoughts?

The best method I have found is.....

600 grit --> 1000grit --> 2000 grit --> 3000 grit wet sanding, then buff it with a drill attachment and some plastic X until crystal clear.

All the sand paper, buffing attachment, and plastic X should cost you under 30 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use 3M kit but with Blue Magic paste on 2 of my cars, it had been more than a year and the lens are still clear, may be because I use some wax on the lens once every 3-4 months.

I have gotten the best results using Meguire's Scratch-X and a terry towel to rub it in/polish the lenses. Plast-X would also work well for this application.

I use Plast-X and it's clear for a bit then goes back to being hazy. I know that I suppose to use some type of sealer in the end...but I don't know what/where to buy the headlight sealer from.

I just did my sons Taurus with a turtle wax kit. It worked good and had the sealer included. I did use a wheel to buff it out. You could not see the unlit bulbs before and now its pretty clear
I think I will wax or something next time its around to hopefully buy some more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back