Best Grease Gun

Are there any grease guns made in the US?

I highly doubt it, The USA made Stewart-Warner Alemite's were the gold standard for many years.....Then they got bought & sold a few times & production moved overseas.

The silver gun I have pictured got bought in the late 80's at a farm/ranch/feed store.....It's identical to my SW Alemite A550 except for the quick release bleeder, Probably made by SW for private label branding.

A new offshore Lincoln, Alemite, Or Macnaught will serve you well for many years as it will most likely see light duty? HeII.....I don't use my grease guns like I used too!

Originally Posted by Rand
I threw my older 2 grease guns out in frustration as they continually air locked at the worst times.

Lincoln Lubrication 1134 Pistol Grip
they make better but not for $37
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002NYDZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm with Rand. There are a lot of things in life that are bad but among the top is a screwed up, air locked grease gun that doesn't work
when you lying under the 4Runner trying to grease the driveshaft. And it gets better when you try to fix it and get grease all over everything.
Then the paper towels get all stuck to your hands and you have to take the latex gloves off because they are all greased up and you can't
grip anything. And then you can't a new set of gloves on because your hands are now all sweaty because you got all urinated off with the
stupid grease gun after you hit yourself in the eye with the nozzle end of the faulty grease pump as you jerked it off the zerk on your way out.
Not to mention your wife asking you what these spots are on your jeans that didn't come out in the washer.

Yea, pay the $40 and get one good one. LOL
FWIW next time you replace u-joints get the ones that don't ever need grease; they are a lot better. We had industrial applications for PTO drive shafts in heavy trucks that once we changed over never had one fail again unexpectedly. They last a lot longer.

Reactions: MM8
So I picked up a Macnaught K-32 grease gun from Amazon and it looks very well built. I could not find the word "China" anywhere on the box, the gun or the documentation. To the best of my knowledge, it is made in Australia. I will be installing the Metal Cloak suspension parts (drag link, tie-rod, and trackbar) next week so I will test it out then and report back here.

I have a couple grease guns loaded with different greases. They each get used about 1-2 times per year. Stored without pressure on the grease to reduce separation. Can’t avoid fiddling around with the prime.

So I picked up a Macnaught K-32 grease gun from Amazon and it looks very well built. I could not find the word "China" anywhere on the box, the gun or the documentation. To the best of my knowledge, it is made in Australia. I will be installing the Metal Cloak suspension parts (drag link, tie-rod, and trackbar) next week so I will test it out then and report back here.
Top quality grease gun and easy to use and load. I would recommend Macnaught to anyone.

I have a Lincoln grease gun I had from work and today I was greasing the neighbors hay baler for him [ we help each other out] And I think the grease gun is worn out but it felt funny pumping the grease. The BITOG timing is interesting.

Last edited:
Looked up Macnaught grease guns as I’d never heard of them. The aluminum head looks strikingly similar to my Lincoln that is around 5 years old.

I bought the el cheapo pistol grip at HF last year and it’s had at least 2 cases of grease put through it without a hiccup. I did put a longer hose and a better 4 jaw coupler on it. The flexible hose it comes with is too short for what I use it for. I put almost 2 tubes of grease through it today.
31EE8811-EC48-47BA-98E1-32D7B0CE3789.jpeg

Looked up Macnaught grease guns as I’d never heard of them. The aluminum head looks strikingly similar to my Lincoln that is around 5 years old.
Looks like but isnt, the Macnaught is high quality and made in Australia and the Lincoln is Chicom or India. If Wanner is the RR of grease guns then Macnaught is like an old MB.

I let mine lay in the sun , softens the grease up/

someone above mentioned a 4 jaw coupler-- whats that?

I've got an old Lincoln from the 1970's, it has never become air bound.
Back then I was greasing every car I owned every 3,000 miles. For the past 20 years I grease 4 zerks on my pickup, twice a year. It takes me years to use a tube of grease. The gun is stored on its side in the bottom drawer of my tool box, in a hot garage in Florida. A few months from now I will retrieve it from the bottom drawer and grease 4 zerks again. I guarantee it will not be air bound when I do.

Back