Best Free GPS App for Android ?

You can find this out for yourself be simply typing 'Waze' into the search bar in Google Play.
Since you asked the question, why don't you give it a try and report back on what you find?
You don't even have to go that far do you. Stick it in search or highlight it here and you are there.

You can find this out for yourself be simply typing 'Waze' into the search bar in Google Play.
Since you asked the question, why don't you give it a try and report back on what you find?

Google Play? Why would I go there...I have an iphone.

I have an android phone the 2 that I use are Waze or Google maps.I find that Google maps work seamlessly with the Kia UVO. Plus it tends to be more accurate. I also used it when I was driving from DFW to Mexico City and Google maps worked in Mex City, but either work fine.

Is there Waze for Android? It is my favorite for iphone.
Google Play? Why would I go there...I have an iphone.
You would go there to answer your own question.
An alternate choice, per @Zee09 's comment is to simply google it.

It is fascinating when people ask questions that are readily answerable via internet search and then seem affronted when others suggest that they do so.

Cheers!!! 🍻

You would go there to answer your own question.
An alternate choice, per @Zee09 's comment is to simply google it.

It is fascinating when people ask questions that are readily answerable via internet search and then seem affronted when others suggest that they do so.

Cheers!!! 🍻

I cared enough to make a suggestion, not enough to do a google search for something I would never use. I assumed if the OP was interested they could check it out, or another Android user would chime in. I still don't know, and I still don't care if Waze is for Android as well, but I like it for iphone.

Any thoughts on a free App for GPS , On an Android phone ?
Well... Since I left the constant spying world of the Google matrix (I use a custom ROM on my phone without ANY GOOGLE APPS).

Got tired of the daily updating and numerous "permissions" that had nothing to to do with the operation of the App itself.

Anyhow... Try "Organic Maps" which actually can be found in the Play Store.

Depends on what you're looking for... All the features and bells & whistles...is what I am leaving behind. Alternatives to the big names exist... but they require a bit more input from the user.

Okay, rant over...

Magic Earth is great for being free. I've used numerous paid apps that I'd prefer Magic Earth instead. It stores the maps on your phone so doesn't need a data connection during use. I don't recall if it can do live traffic. Probably not.

I use TomTom and Sygic a lot but wouldn't miss too much by just using Magic Earth. Magic Earth even does certain things better.

Edit: Magic Earth does have live traffic. I don't know how good it is. Surprised it even has it.

Last edited:
Back