Best Chinese food in a long while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grubby, sweaty place. (so I was assured mori would not be dining there).....[censored] it was good.....

Sichuan is the name. Forget the first two-four pages of 'mercanized [censored]. Head for the back of the filthy menu where the English is worse than BITOG, stop short before the last page of mandarin characters.....yeah that page....about 50 items written in pingrish.

Bitter Melon Beef
Lamb sinkiang
Ants climbing the tree (w/plenty ma la)
etc

The first dish came in less than 5 minutes from ordering and the food came at about 4-5 minute intervals after that (all ten or so). Perfect!

A real feast. The place had plenty of rennao and the line was out the door when we left. I was the only full gringo.

Yeah, we went out for chinese (at our local place) with a chinese guy from head office one day.

He asked to see the chef, who came out, and they nattered away for a good five minutes. What came out of the kitchen was nothing like the menu, and was truly a feast.

I sometimes think they would make more money doing it properly, but then look at the packed chinese shops with the sugar, oil and MSG, and the Vietnamese/Thai with a handful of patrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back