Best Cheap Walmart Oil COVENTIONAL ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like JavierG I'm not really a Mobil fan either, but the Mobil Super wins here easily IMO. Hard to argue with results, price, and the specs.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: Garak
Up here, SuperTech in the 5 gallon pails is hard to beat, even when it's not officially on rollback.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have never seen a 5 gallon pail of ST oil here.
frown.gif

up in the Maple Leaf Republic, their SuperTech is Re-refined oil from Saftey Kleen (the people who collect the used oil all over N.America) and you can get that 5gal. pail for around $40.
Here in the states they sell it as "Eco-Power" oil, and only to shops. -I Even emailed them, and they said they had no plans to offer it for retail sales in the US. if i wanted to get a single 5qt jug to change my own oil, i should contact my local distributor, and see if he will sell me one.
I did pick up a jug from a shop while i was on vacation a while back, and they charged me $40 for the 5qt jug...
They do sell it here in the US-to Valvoline-they call it "NextGen"!

Originally Posted By: askani79705
Mobil 5000 out of the choices given, But have you seen the price of the Motorcraft Semi synthetics ?

$18.33/5qt jug here.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
[
up in the Maple Leaf Republic, their SuperTech is Re-refined oil from Saftey Kleen (the people who collect the used oil all over N.America) and you can get that 5gal. pail for around $40.
Here in the states they sell it as "Eco-Power" oil, and only to shops. -I Even emailed them, and they said they had no plans to offer it for retail sales in the US. if i wanted to get a single 5qt jug to change my own oil, i should contact my local distributor, and see if he will sell me one.
I did pick up a jug from a shop while i was on vacation a while back, and they charged me $40 for the 5qt jug...
They do sell it here in the US-to Valvoline-they call it "NextGen"!

Yes & No.
NextGen is only 50% Recycled, while ECO-Power, & Canadian Supertech is 100% Recycled.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have never seen a 5 gallon pail of ST oil here.

Earlyre covered most of the story. Just about all the grades are available in the 5 gallon pails, from 5w-20 to 15w-40 and probably some straight grades, along with certain ATFs and hydraulic fluids. While you guys don't get 5 gallon ST stuff, we don't get ST HM or synthetic. ST is the only brand I can think of off the top of my head where you can get an SN/GF-5 PCMO in a 5 gallon pail at the walk in retail level, this side of a distributor, and even then it's generally doubtful.

I haven't seen lightweight PCMO sold in bulk at my california wal-marts. I've seen 15w-40 and heavy truck. Canada does seem to get way better oil choices, but the prices from what I've read on this board aren't so great.

If i had a relationship with a lube guy at walmart, maybe he could dispense bulk ST and/or valvoline 5w-20 to my heart's content but I don't.

I have large stash of heavier weights, but only one vehicle uses a 20 weight oil OEM so i also buy mobil 5000 in jug at walmart

Originally Posted By: xjwheeler32
At my walmart we have rotella for 12 bucks for a 5qt jug and its good oil.

I think the rotella is a gallon jug which is something around 4 qts. Great oil though.

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
...I did pick up a jug from a shop while i was on vacation a while back, and they charged me $40 for the 5qt jug...

Is that a typo? $8.00 a quart?

NOPE! Not a Typo.
I think their Standard Change - W/ PYB & Pennz. Filter was like $35

Originally Posted By: getnpsi
I haven't seen lightweight PCMO sold in bulk at my california wal-marts. I've seen 15w-40 and heavy truck. Canada does seem to get way better oil choices, but the prices from what I've read on this board aren't so great.

Fortunately, things are improving. The SuperTech has always been decently priced. Here, it seems to come in quarts/litres (not sure which), one gallon jugs, and five gallon pails. When the jugs go on sale, I've seen them as low as around $6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back