Best adhesive to reattach stainless under mount sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they really used silicon sealant you may have a hard time getting anything to act as an adhesive. The non porous stainless can probably be cleaned but nothing sticks well to silicon and getting it out of the granite may be impossible. I suspect that some form of mechanical fastener will be needed in the long run.

If they really used silicon sealant you may have a hard time getting anything to act as an adhesive. The non porous stainless can probably be cleaned but nothing sticks well to silicon and getting it out of the granite may be impossible. I suspect that some form of mechanical fastener will be needed in the long run.
Good point. Will have to see what can be done about that.

Worked in a granite shop for a few years and this is what i would recommend. Normally t-bolts would be used but they need the slots cut in the stone before install.

First off get the sink removed. use shims to wedge between stone and sink until its free. This may take a bit so don't rush. Clean the stone and sink really well to remove the old silicone. Remove the drains from the sink , these holes will be used to insert bar clamps. Now use 100% silicone around the perimeter of the sink flange. Don't be shy to get some on but you don't need it squeezing everywhere. Pull sink up to stone, insert bar clamps through the drain holes to a 2x4 laid across your countertop and clamp that baby up tight for a day. Now with the brackets iv'e listed on Amazon, Epoxy those around the perimeter to the bottom of the stone, just outside the sink. Let them dry a few hours also and then install the brackets hand tight only so you dont pull the studs.

Thats it, Sound hard but its not. Time consuming, Yes but this is your best option at this point.
This sounds like good advice. I was just looking at those same clips on the interwebs. My double bowl under counter sink just let go on one side from the granite top. Temporarily propped it back up with a scissors jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back