Being a customer of Lucas oil

Hey everyone I thought some would find it interesting if I shared my short story in regards to Lucas oil. We recently started looking for an oil company to provide us with oil in bulk at our shop we are opening. Brand New business and no loans to do so. We have done it with hard work and the little bit of cash we have saved up. I reached out to various distributors. Valvoline Pennzoil and Mobil suppliers were all contacted. I know Lucas has a polarizing following. Of them all the Lucas supplier has been the most helpful. Lucas themselves have also been super supportive. Offering to make signage for us and just be a very supportive partner of sorts. They're also an American company which is nice. This isn't to say that I agree with everything in their marketing or that I believe they make the best product. They don't. They make a decently acceptable product and in our case they treat us very well so far. There products meets the specs required so it's at least good enough. I won't and cannot recommend all of their products we are purchasing engine oil and ATF from them and some penetrating oil things of that nature. I'm not going to sell their more questionable products. That being said though the company has been very pleasant to deal with and is nice to see a company as supportive as they are. Don't bash to hard! 😂

The demo product in the clear case with gears and handles to turn is top notch. Great to amuze yourself while waiting for the parts guy to find something

If they sell a normal motor oil that meets current specs I am sure it's a good oil.

It's the odd stuff they sell that people are not fans of.

But I can usually find a motor oil I feel good using at NAPA or Walmart. But ATF and gear oil comes from Amsoil.

If it has the proper approvals then it's all good for bulk oil. Most people care more about saving $5 then what oil is in their crankcase, give them value and they will service their vehicles more often. You can still stock Ravenol for your BTOG customers.:geek:

OP, I'm like you-- I stay clear of their snake-oil-type products but otherwise appropriately spec'd lubricants I have no issue with.

I routinely buy their 2-stroke semi-syn oil, it's available in a quart size and at a reasonable price. All my 2-stroke OPE specs Jaso FD and/or ISO-L-EGD; the Lucas product covers both.

I find their motor oil and vehicle lubricants to be overpriced for what they are, but I've bought them on occasion when on sale or clearance.

My only experience with Lucas is from the drag racing world, and nothing that personally affects me. Forrest Lucas seems like a good guy and helps plenty of people out in all ranks of drag racing from sportsman to pros. He sponsored the legend Chris Karamesines for several years. The guy ran his Top Fuel dragster a few times a year until last year when he decided to hand the car over to his granddaughter. He is currently 90 years old.

I've heard stories of pallet of oil products showing up at racers shops when in need.

Just rambling to hear myself talk I guess lol

Either way, best of luck with your new business. It's good to see someone helping the little guy, even if it's "just" information.

My only experience with Lucas is from the drag racing world, and nothing that personally affects me. Forrest Lucas seems like a good guy and helps plenty of people out in all ranks of drag racing from sportsman to pros. He sponsored the legend Chris Karamesines for several years. The guy ran his Top Fuel dragster a few times a year until last year when he decided to hand the car over to his granddaughter. He is currently 90 years old.

I've heard stories of pallet of oil products showing up at racers shops when in need.

Just rambling to hear myself talk I guess lol

Either way, best of luck with your new business. It's good to see someone helping the little guy, even if it's "just" information.
Sure, but all that "niceness" is financed by selling people Group I bright stock, bar oil tackifier, a boatload of uber-cheap VII and some red dye at an insane mark-up and then claiming all kinds of magic which the product is wholly incapable of delivering on. It's on the shelf at every truck stop capitalizing on ignorance and is no different from the "schlonginator" herbal mega-dong pills located adjacent, which I'm sure are owned by super nice people that donate as well.

Martha Stewart seemed like a "good guy" too, as I'm sure did Harvey Weinstein, "making" people's careers.

Well good luck. I understand your predicament, but just FYI this is how sleazy companies continue to prosper. We accept it. We give them money.

I know, sometimes you don't have any other option. It's sad.

I don’t buy from them currently and have no plan to in the future.

Posting because I appreciate your honesty and their oil meets spec so applaud your decision. You are providing an oil that meets what the manufacturer calls for. No need to spend more $$ for a superior oil when running a shop.

They market excellent spray wax and interior protectant. The motor oil is API and decent. The rest of the stuff... not sure i'd bite.

Their gear oil is junk too or was years ago.. it failed the yellow metal compatibility test. I mean that strip was black.. normal gear oil has only the smallest of discoloration.
It also started overly thick and sheared immensely.

Sure, but all that "niceness" is financed by selling people Group I bright stock, bar oil tackifier, a boatload of uber-cheap VII and some red dye at an insane mark-up and then claiming all kinds of magic which the product is wholly incapable of delivering on. It's on the shelf at every truck stop capitalizing on ignorance and is no different from the "schlonginator" herbal mega-dong pills located adjacent, which I'm sure are owned by super nice people that donate as well.

Martha Stewart seemed like a "good guy" too, as I'm sure did Harvey Weinstein, "making" people's careers.
“Schlonginator” 🤣

But yeah… they still sell snake oil, so I won’t be supporting them.

Back