Beck Arnley oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a variety of oil filters for my mazda which take cartridge oil filters. Beck darnley seems like a reasonable price but haven't really heard of them. I am also considering denso, motorcraft, and k&n pro series. I just bought a wix xp and in there currently is a stp max life.

Last edited:
Beck Arnley is a reputable aftermarket brand. Most stuff is decent. I'd use it but it's kinda hard to screw up a cartridge filter. Use whatever you can get on sale.

I though beck arrnley is just a reseller. The few times I've bought BA parts, they were other manufacturer's parts...sometimes with a BA sticker covering the box and sometimes not. Seems be a crap shoot what you actually get.

I thought that it was rebranded stuff too. I ordered one of their air filters for my Mother's Nissan Rogue and it looked like the same one it came with but minus the bugs and dirt. It even had the same shade of green filter media. Coincidentally it looked like a Febi Bilstein filter I had stumbled on while searching for a filter for it right down to the green color. I like things that are German and that might be how that popped up in my search while deciding what to get
wink.gif
I looked at Mann Filters too, you can't go wrong with those.

Beck/Arnley is just a reboxer. Their parts quality ranges from reboxed OE to standard cheap junk.

Their oil filters are mostly cheap Asian filters

What Mazda do you have?:)

I assume the question is what BA filters are like. I'd be curious to know what Mazda uses a "cartridge" filter? Afaik they all use a spin on/canister filter. But, thinking about it seems Mazda may call their branded spin on filters, cartridge filters. I don't agree with that, but I suppose they can call them what they want.

A couple spin on BA filters have been posted here, they were made in S Korea. Looked like a Prime Guard or Pronto OF with same coo. Using google images, looks like the BA true cartridge filters are made by several manufactures including but not limited to M&H. As noted, BA being a reboxer seems best description.

I'd likely look more at the original source brands for purchase.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I assume the question is what BA filters are like. I'd be curious to know what Mazda uses a "cartridge" filter? Afaik they all use a spin on/canister filter. But, thinking about it seems Mazda may call their branded spin on filters, cartridge filters. I don't agree with that, but I suppose they can call them what they want.

A couple spin on BA filters have been posted here, they were made in S Korea. Looked like a Prime Guard or Pronto OF with same coo. Using google images, looks like the BA true cartridge filters are made by several manufactures including but not limited to M&H. As noted, BA being a reboxer seems best description.

I'd likely look more at the original source brands for purchase.

I know ford used cartridge filters on some of the 2.3L Duratec Engines(Mazda-L) in the late 2000s

It's a 2008 mazda 5. It's the actual cartridge not the spin on filter.
Cool, learned something. Don't believe I've seen an anecdote posted here with true cartridge on Mazda. Mazda OEM spin on does also say 'cartridge' on the box.

Be interesting to know who actually makes the B/A cartridge. The application I see 041-0817 online several sites says Made in China. Which considering many cartridges have same coo even from companies where their spin on made in US, doesn't mean much. Unless BA must and/or great price, as noted I'd look more to original source, not rebox cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back