Becareful with Hyundai Delaership and selling 2nd Line parts for OEM

I order a couple of engine air filters for my 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0L (part# 28113-F2000) and my wife picked up the parts for me and they supplied S2811 3F2000..

The box denotes MOBIS, but other notation list "PRODUCT LINE 2", "NOT TO BE USED FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS"...

And the filter it self has no "HYUNDAI/KIA" markings/logos like the OEM original that came with the car, and how Hyundai also claims that their OEM parts always have their logo , name etc... to know its a genuine part.

Hyundai and/or Dealership are playing to me a very sneaky game of pushing off 2nd line parts to their customers and claiming OEM..

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Looks like it's a new line of Mobis parts for Hyundai in Russia, India etc.

Thanks wemay!.. Those sneaky bastards.. Now when I buy a OEM part.. I will have to ask specially to make sure its not their 2ND LINE!..

Nothing new at dealerships using lesser replacement parts

If the warranty is expired, or the parts/repair is a cash pay, be very careful since they can even use parts from the local delivery auto part store.

I also wonder if hyundai/kia will be branding an 'independent brand' for their fleet and all other makes/models.... kinda like Motorcraft vs Omnicraft

Nothing new at dealerships using lesser replacement parts

If the warranty is expired, or the parts/repair is a cash pay, be very careful since they can even use parts from the local delivery auto part store too.

The article implied these would be genuine parts at affordable prices.
Hmm....designer jeans with the impressive tags ripped off?

...an exercise in protecting the "main" logo and/or brand names?
That Mobis parts aren't to be used for warranty work could involve simplifying subsequent warranty work done at some other H/K dealership.
Any "non H/K" part would be a red flag during warranty related inspections.

....or does cheaper have to mean cheap?

Mitsubishi has done this too! Without notifying customer. Stating they didn't have part. Nothing surprises me anymore!

A few years ago we had a customer that wanted a new radiator from the Chevy dealer. I ordered it and they said it would be here later in the day. When it came it was in a 1800radiator box!

There is a company called Auto 7 which sells grey market "OEM" parts from Hyundai.

I've purchased their stuff on rock auto, usually its an OEM box with an AUTO7 sticker over the part.

Not sure what the deal is with that operation, the parts seem to be the same as OE, and not counterfeit.

Reminds me of Toyota’s value line of replacement brake pads. Almost half the price of the oe replacements. They’ve been talked about before on here.

Mobis is a Hyundai company...

Seems like decent parts and better pricing.

That's... Bad?
Yes, its bad when you pay for OE parts and they toss in lesser parts.

Had an issue with a catalytic converter. It grew legs and walked away from the employee parking lot. Insurance covered it fully and had a new factory OE part installed at the Toyota dealer as requested by the insurance co. But, the dealer took the money and used a generic krappy autopart store part, even though receipt showed an OE PN. Needless to say, the vehicle failed emissions 3 years later. The smug look on their face when: they stated that the crappy aftermarket part I installed needs to be replaced, turned into the stupidity guilt look when I stated it was a genuine OE part that YOU INSTALLED... was beyond priceless. They took care of the emissions snafu accordingly.

I wonder if the Mobis Oil filters, not the MH dealer ones, are also for "out of warranty" Hyundais.

Nothing new, many automakers do it.

Toyota = Toyota Complete Maintenance Care
Ford = Certain Motorcraft part numbers, especially for brakes
GM = ACDelco Professional and Advantage
Stellantis = Magneti Marelli

Mazda also have their "Mazda Value" parts usually for brake pads and filters. But there are other options. Sometimes like for their timing belt and clutch kits its a lot easier than looking up all the components individually.

Back