Ina 6 shot 32 long
-c.60s date of manufacture
-original finish
-original wood grips

Mossberg palomino lever action 22 rifle
-c.50s date of manufacture
-Original finish
-original wood stock

Thanks. It has a feeding issue. I just load and shoot one round at a time. Multiple rounds in the magazine and it stacks them in the chamber area, jamming everything up. Any ideas what might be the issue?

Can you drop the lever section down and out like most lever guns? Pull it out clean well and look for something wrong with the round handling machinery. 22 are the worst guns for shell feeding being so small and long. Look for anything dry or bent possibly even an old chopped off piece of a casing , Maby a once upon a time adventure with a CB Cap Or Shortbthat got fouled up in the works. A big gobbof ancient dried grease even. You never know.
You never know with those old 22 lever guns. They all seemed to be marked short long or LR bu only worked really well with LR. Looks like a nice rifle BTW a lot like the old Marlins. Nice full size rifles not kid size like so many others.

I'm actually not sure about the mechanism. I'll take a look at it and see if removing it for cleaning looks like something I can do. I mostly mess with revolvers so I'm not very familiar with taking guns apart. Thanks for the tip.

My dad's idea of cleaning and lubing a gun was to ram a patch down the muzzle, wipe the outside with oil, and squirt WD-40 into the works with the straw. Gummed everything up, you may have something like that inside.

Usually you can take the barreled action out without disassembling things, I'd think about getting it out of the stock and giving it all a good rinse with some Gun Scrubber. There has to be a how-to video on YouTube.

Old guns are great.

Edit: you might be able to see some of the feed mechanism with the forearm off, maybe not. Might have to drop the trigger assembly out. If you work on revolvers should be no big deal.

Last edited:
Oh no, sorry. I dont work on any guns(at least never have), so I'm not experienced with any kind of disassembly. I am however going to see if I can find a video for the mossberg though.

Hey thanks. I might pop the side plate off again next time I'm off and take a look at it. I removed that plate this afternoon. Its dirty in there, but not to the extent that I think it's the root of the problem. I think I do have a mechanical issue. To properly clean it, I really need to remove the whole action. I'm not really comfortable with that. Today I just removed the bolt and swabbed it out best I could. Still cycles a single round just fine. I loaded three rounds in the tube, and it stacked again. As it stands it's just a blinker, so as long as it works I'm content. I would like to figure out the feeding issue though.

Btw, no one has said anything about my revolvers lol. I also have a nickel plated pre model chiefs special. It's a nice gun, but I like my 36 more. I'm a sucker for a beater. I'm going to see how the ina tiger shoots next time I go to the range.

Back