Be careful out there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who would you say will be making the determination on what constitutes ”extremist” actions or ideology. I think we all need to calm down and listen, and realize that wicked people exist at every single extreme, and that the main-stream media hypes-up, exaggerates, and stirs the pot more than what’s good for us. They conjure up ratings, not equality. What we also need to realize, is that those extremists are in the VAST minority.

It's an old joke. If you agreed with it, it meant you were an extremist...

Things are a little crazier than usual out there. I've noticed it.
Yes, I pretty much hate driving now because of other drivers. Got in a wreck at the end of September because of someone pulling out right in front of me, almost got hit head on last weekend because someone coming the opposite direction decided to try passing a car ahead of them on a double yellow line in a turn! Then yesterday I almost got rear ended by a Yukon that had been weaving and darting around in traffic behind me. A couple cars ahead of me someone came to a full stop to make a right turn (idiot, but not malicious), and the Yukon just kept barreling towards me. I tapped the brake pedal several times to get their attention and finally saw it make a major nosedive and weave to a stop. Some people drive like it's a video game and the things they do just don't have consequences. Speeders don't bother me as long as they aren't erratic/stupid, slow people don't bother me unless they are aggressive/ridiculous, but the people who just go careening around in traffic like it's Grand Theft Auto scare me, and they are becoming a lot more common.

Yes, I pretty much hate driving now because of other drivers. Got in a wreck at the end of September because of someone pulling out right in front of me, almost got hit head on last weekend because someone coming the opposite direction decided to try passing a car ahead of them on a double yellow line in a turn! Then yesterday I almost got rear ended by a Yukon that had been weaving and darting around in traffic behind me. A couple cars ahead of me someone came to a full stop to make a right turn (idiot, but not malicious), and the Yukon just kept barreling towards me. I tapped the brake pedal several times to get their attention and finally saw it make a major nosedive and weave to a stop. Some people drive like it's a video game and the things they do just don't have consequences. Speeders don't bother me as long as they aren't erratic/stupid, slow people don't bother me unless they are aggressive/ridiculous, but the people who just go careening around in traffic like it's Grand Theft Auto scare me, and they are becoming a lot more common.

And the police can't do that much about it. Its everywhere.

Got in a wreck at the end of September because of someone pulling out right in front of me,
We are taught to drive defensively and always having an escape route to
avoid the consequences of others mistake... always anticipate the moves of
others because its up to us to avoid an accident... after all we don't want to
be dead right...

We are taught to drive defensively and always having an escape route to
avoid the consequences of others mistake... always anticipate the moves of
others because its up to us to avoid an accident... after all we don't want to
be dead right...
That's all fine and dandy, if the other driver's behavior is remotely predictable. I'm not talking about simple little mistakes, I'm talking about driving like an absolute psychopath. Pulling out right in front of someone without looking (and driving without a license no less) is not a mistake, nor is passing on a turn with a double yellow, nor is darting and weaving in traffic. When someone egregiously violates traffic laws, sometimes no amount of defensive driving can help you. More people have been going above and beyond in their recklessness.

Ah, the sounds of home.

I think Boston ranked worst traffic in the country before covid.
During the Big Dig, driving through Boston was like navigating a 3rd world country.
I think the main problem in Boston is that there's a mix of tourist who don't know where they're going and the locals who just want to get there so there's a huge mix of different speeds. Now not so many tourist so speeds have gone up. But I think pandemic speed is nation wide.

I had to go to MIT the other day and drove right in. The same for Everett and Chelsea.
About the only good thing about covid is less traffic. People are flying though. I try to work from home most of the time, but my wife works at offices in Worcester and Boston and speeds are insane. She'll do 80 and get passed like she's standing still.

I had to go to MIT the other day and drove right in. The same for Everett and Chelsea.
About the only good thing about covid is less traffic. People are flying though. I try to work from home most of the time, but my wife works at offices in Worcester and Boston and speeds are insane. She'll do 80 and get passed like she's standing still.
Yeah, you could be going faster than that for miles and there's still someone behind you who wants to pass. So you move over a lane.

I think the main problem in Boston is that there's a mix of tourist who don't know where they're going and the locals who just want to get there so there's a huge mix of different speeds. Now not so many tourist so speeds have gone up. But I think pandemic speed is nation wide.
Also the local tech and biotech industries draw a large influx of immigrants who while skilled and highly compensated may hail from locations where cars are not as prevalent and/or have different driving customs. Driving in the neighborhoods can be entertaining...but usually not to the point of danger. These folks don't concern me, heck I welcome them. It is the truly oblivious or, as someone said, psychopaths out there that I look out for.

My morning commute, if you're not doing 85 you're not with the flow of traffic.

I still set my cruise at 75MPH because Come At Me Bro.

Maybe I'll get a 2010s Subaru next time. Wreck this one, especially in an Automatic At-Fault so I can get a check. :) One without a loose oil pump...

less than I was going :) 65
When ever someone is going 15-20+ MPH more than others on the road it's going to cause issues at some point.

Also, I never come flying up on anyone in the fast lane and start flashing headlights. If they don't get over (without flashing lights) in 30 seconds I make sure it's safe to pass on the right and do so. No use causing strife and possible road rage on the road when you're speeding much faster than the cars around you.

I am really surprised there aren't more police on the roads, honestly. Doesn't make sense to me.

I am really surprised there aren't more police on the roads, honestly. Doesn't make sense to me.
They're starting to show up more, starting to see more speed traps in places where you normally don't see them.

But of course you know why they're not stopping people. I think they're just there looking for the really bad ones. They say the number of tickets handed out for triple digits is way higher than before. The new 5-10mph over is more like 10-20 over or 20-30...

I've seen that video before. The Camaro driver was definitely the most reckless and at fault, but the driver of the pickup was acting like an idiot too. I get why they would be mad about the Camaro's first attempted pass, but engaging a driver willing to take risks like that in a game of road rage is the worst thing to do. Just let those people pass. The pickup could have just passed the 18 wheeler, let the Camaro by, and gone on about their day, but they had to escalate it.

Bottom line GTA is a fun video game, it is not fun in real life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back