I am so happy I got this thing installed. I bought it open box at a huge discount. It was graded poor condition because of the rusty donor tb motor that isn't even included with the retail product. The tb itself is mint. I think the returner got confused during install because the plate wouldn't flip back into position. I just had to tense the spring.

It was missing the retail allen bolts, which is sad because my 10mm socket could not fit to install oem style around the 70mm monster. I needed longer threads anyway to fit my airaid spacer. $6 later I had 4 bolts and 5 cigars.

Thats all it took and low end performance is huge. Great for parking lots and stop and go traffic it feels more responsive and nimble.

The installation guide says you need to test the tps voltage before removing it, but impossible in my situation. BBK tech support told me not required if no cel or performance issues.

The best part is it squeals like a stuck pig above 2k rpm. A good tip is to flip the airaid spacer backwards with the flat depressed face sticking out for an even louder squeal.

received_872317170952588.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the BBk twin 62mm on my 06 mustang gt. I had to flash tune it as it didn't want to run well even with adjusting the voltage.

That gt twin tb is such a cool looking piece of hardware.

I have an obd2 tuner from jet performance, but it has limited options. I haven't seen a need to upgrade, and their customer support is great like bbk.

I read a forum post or two about people being left stranded and blaming the bbk throttle body, and problems from it in general. I will carry the old reliable Dorman unit for a while. The bbk tech support seemed to think if it started with no cel and auto trans shifts fine there will not be problems.

Back