Barrons calls the Chevy Bolt a Winner

Why is the Chevy Bolt not more popular? It seems to have lots going for it. I am not and EV fan and it got my attention so what is up and why is it nearly never in any EV conversations?
While it is not for me, a lot of owners love 'em. My next door neighbors are on their 3rd Bolt lease; they do not like our Model 3's driving characteristics. There's another across the street; they love it.

Drive one and see if it works for you.

While it is not for me, a lot of owners love 'em. My next door neighbors are on their 3rd Bolt lease; they do not like our Model 3's driving characteristics. There's another across the street; they love it.

Drive one and see if it works for you.

Small and easy to park has its upside. Today I was parked (right down the middle of a space) but then saw someone in a Model Y parking in the next space almost clipping my car. She then tried straightening it out but was still less than a foot away where I opted to enter through the passenger side door and climbing over the armrest to get in the driver seat. I think she just kind of gave up. But that’s a bigger vehicle.

Small and easy to park has its upside. Today I was parked (right down the middle of a space) but then saw someone in a Model Y parking in the next space almost clipping my car. She then tried straightening it out but was still less than a foot away where I opted to enter through the passenger side door and climbing over the armrest to get in the driver seat. I think she just kind of gave up. But that’s a bigger vehicle.
Can't the Y park itself?

I like mine 🤷‍♂️

It seems to be withstanding my daily abuse, hasn't caught fire, needed a tow, or got rear ended by a motorcycle even once 🙄
I cannot emphasize how good a reputation that is for a vehicle I drive 😭

OTOH, I didn't buy it
But at current prices, I wouldn't hesitate

Bolting away... ⚡🏃‍♂️

Why is the Chevy Bolt not more popular? It seems to have lots going for it. I am not and EV fan and it got my attention so what is up and why is it nearly never in any EV conversations?
I believe that if they had produced more, they woud be more popular.

In my situation, about a year ago my trusty VW Jetta was totaled and I needed a car. I did some research and a Bolt would have worked pretty good for me, so I called every Chevy dealership within 3 hours of me and there were none even to look at and sit in it. They told me I needed to order one. How can I order one before I can even sit in one to see if I even fit in it.

I ended up buying a Prius instead, a butt ugly car that I could test drive. It fit me pretty well. I averaged 66 MPGs in the year that I owned it and to tell you the truth, the looks of the car have grown on me a lot.

If I could buy a Bolt I probably would have, and probably there were lots of other people in my situation.

Goodbye Bolt, hello Equinox EV.

20330850-352B-4808-B971-77E7D6A6A638.jpeg

? is do you trust your GM dealer and the GM machine
Alot more than Tesla. Several hundred thousand model 3 & Y owners are having their appointments cancelled after not getting anywhere close to their stated range. Apparently Tesla won't address or repair the issue. The Cybertruck can't tow what musk promised and they aren't getting anywhere near the "Claimed 350 miles" of range.

Alot more than Tesla. Several hundred thousand model 3 & Y owners are having their appointments cancelled after not getting anywhere close to their stated range. Apparently Tesla won't address or repair the issue. The Cybertruck can't tow what musk promised and they aren't getting anywhere near the "Claimed 350 miles" of range.
In most cases there's nothing to repair. It's how they use the car. Range at 80mph and range at 55mph is two totally different things. It was destined to cause issues. I'm not saying the people aren't having issues, but there's nothing to fix unless there was an actual battery issue. Still not great to flat out ignore customers though. I'm sure they're downloading battery condition info from the cars, but they suck and communicating. It was a horrible chain of phone tag just trying to pick up the car in the first place. I've yet to have to use their service center but I'm not looking forward to when I need to. I've had a few poor experiences over the years with some manufacturers, Ford in particular. VW is great which is why I would have bought a second if my current did total. Tesla? I'm not optimistic.

In most cases there's nothing to repair. It's how they use the car. Range at 80mph and range at 55mph is two totally different things. It was destined to cause issues. I'm not saying the people aren't having issues, but there's nothing to fix unless there was an actual battery issue. Still not great to flat out ignore customers though. I'm sure they're downloading battery condition info from the cars, but they suck and communicating. It was a horrible chain of phone tag just trying to pick up the car in the first place. I've yet to have to use their service center but I'm not looking forward to when I need to. I've had a few poor experiences over the years with some manufacturers, Ford in particular. VW is great which is why I would have bought a second if my current did total. Tesla? I'm not optimistic.
Back when Tesla was still offering "prizes" for referrals Jason Fenske From engineering explained was supposed to get a lightweight set of wheels and tires for his model 3. According to Tesla he had to call a third party vendor. According to the third party vendor he had to call Tesla. I don't think he ever received his free set of wheels.

Back