Barely got home last night, car runs better than ever!

FCD

Last night driving back home from work all of the sudden it started pouring, i mean pouring rain, i could not see 10 feet in front, i had to stop for a while until the rain calmed down, the road was flooded in several places so deep i could actually feel the car splutter when i drove through them, well the result, it now runs smoother than it ever has 😁 , i guess it must have drank enough water to steam clean away the carbon.

Last night driving back home from work all of the sudden it started pouring, i mean pouring rain, i could not see 10 feet in front, i had to stop for a while until the rain calmed down, the road was flooded in several places so deep i could actually feel the car splutter when i drove through them, well the result, it now runs smoother than it ever has 😁 , i guess it must have drank enough water to steam clean away the carbon.
Hopefully it didn't 'steam clean' the transmission/transaxle, transfer case, differential/s, etc.

WvUL.gif
1466439794-giphy.gif

I’ve taken them swimming a couple of times. The one time it wasn’t intentional the water was so deep the car was 50% submerged on its side, a Subaru GL. I was able to kill the engine quickly, and no water made it into the intake, which was submerged, for the 2 hours it took to get a tow. Drove it 6 hours the next day and several years before selling it. The only lasting issue was it was hard to get the smell out for a while. Car never missed a beat. All of the fluids were clean.

The intentional adventures were usually fording streams I was well familiar with in 4x4s, and weren’t deep like the Subaru experience. Water ingestion can destroy a healthy engine in a split second.

The last time I drove through that much water I ended up replacing an alternator and an air filter.

Fun fact: Can't drive a Jeep cherokee up to the hood in water.
I haven’t taken mine that deep, but I did go through about 3 feet deep and went a bit quick, the water wave rolled up the hood and hit the windshield! Air filter was damp but it survived.

Splashing in mud puddles another time took out both my alternator and TPS though. So no more water playing for me.

Back