Bank of America is now predicting that Brent crude oil, which drives gas prices, will zoom to $120 a barrel by June 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, 4cyl beater daily drivers, if you can even find one in some areas, are at an all time high as well.

On the news this AM they were showing the prices at the pump somewhere in Los Angeles. Regular unleaded was $5.99/gal there. Premium was $6.59.
I bought our Cruze in early April, talk about timing.

Problem is, 4cyl beater daily drivers, if you can even find one in some areas, are at an all time high as well.

On the news this AM they were showing the prices at the pump somewhere in Los Angeles. Regular unleaded was $5.99/gal there. Premium was $6.59.
Thankful I'm relatively close to the Irving Reservation.

I think we are more likely to return to the $60 range next year as things normalize. EV adoption won't stop, work from home will grow, and you can get oil almost anywhere. Literally pumping money out of the ground. All these nations will not agree forever to artificially limit how much money they pump out.

I could be wrong tho.

Bank of America's ability to predict the price of oil in June of 2022 is marginal at best. It's a educated guess, better then the average person's guess but Bank of America can't predict the future because no person or company can.
Right. When they design a website that works on my phone I may consider... wait, who am I kidding. No, forget it.

Last Friday we went from $2.91 to /$3.15 for 87 octane
Thats every 10 days here.
go up 25-30cents go down 20 cents go up 25-30cents.. go down.... eventually there is 2 up or 2 down cycles and screws my buying up.
just missed 2.77 the other day went to 3.15. now back to 3.07

IT was called the speedway effect here.. but now others are in on the game.. with electric signs they can control hundreds of stations from home office simultaneously

The USA, using its own production, combined with Canadian oil imports, could tell Saudi Arabia where to stick it but we can’t discuss why that isn’t happening.
You mean we can't discuss wallstreet telling oil companies they have shares in to rein in spending? Because the reason has nothing to do with what you're implying, it has everything to do with walstreet investors are tired of oil companies spending every penny they make on new wells and production, and then crashing and burning when there is a market downturn and prices fall. This time they are forcing the oil companies to be more conservative and that's why we're seeing US production staying flat.

Investors want margins and safe investment, and oil companies in the past spent every penny on growing production. In the end what investors wanted won out. They are leery of increasing production too much at a time of flux where nobody really knows what demand looks like in a year, and they'd rather err on the side of keeping production low and prices high, than risking a catastrophic (for them) price crash like 2019. This is largely the same reason OPEC+ is keeping production flat, they don't want to oversaturate the market and cause a price crash either.

You mean we can't discuss wallstreet telling oil companies they have shares in to rein in spending? Because the reason has nothing to do with what you're implying, it has everything to do with walstreet investors are tired of oil companies spending every penny they make on new wells and production, and then crashing and burning when there is a market downturn and prices fall. This time they are forcing the oil companies to be more conservative and that's why we're seeing US production staying flat.

Investors want margins and safe investment, and oil companies in the past spent every penny on growing production. In the end what investors wanted won out. They are leery of increasing production too much at a time of flux where nobody really knows what demand looks like in a year, and they'd rather err on the side of keeping production low and prices high, than risking a catastrophic (for them) price crash like 2019. This is largely the same reason OPEC+ is keeping production flat, they don't want to oversaturate the market and cause a price crash either.
Too political. There was a choice made. That’s all.

But now that you mention it, US oil production is humming along at over 11 million bbls/ day of $85 oil. Back in 2009 the US was producing 5 million bbls/day. Yep, getting in with borrowed money is always a risk but like they said on the movie Wall Street “ Greed is Good ”.

5575E359-0934-4CAD-B8DD-1779F4694015.png

Last edited:
I'm getting rid of a car that gets 28 MPG but the payment was $264 a month.
I'm replacing it with an SUV that gets 14 MPG but is paid for.
Maybe I'll break even.

probably spend 6-7months of that car payment on the extra gas.. if 12000 miles a year.
That is extra gas vs driving the car for 12000 miles a year.

I'm getting rid of a car that gets 28 MPG but the payment was $264 a month.
I'm replacing it with an SUV that gets 14 MPG but is paid for.
Maybe I'll break even.
If unleaded goes from current prices to six to nine dollars a gallon........ not sure 14 MPG is good for most people unless they work in the town they live in.

If unleaded goes from current prices to six to nine dollars a gallon........ not sure 14 MPG is good for most people unless they work in the town they live in.
My round trip commute to work is 4.4 miles.
Right now the $264 payment thats gone will buy me about 80 gallons of gas a month, enough to go about 1120 miles a month, I should be O.K.
If gas doubles in price I'm down to about 560 miles a month.
But not everyone is like me, it could get rough for some.
I hope the currant big truck and SUV craze doesn't come back to bite some butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back