Baldwin vs wix

I have a 2.8l duramax which uses cartridge type filters are the Baldwin filters or wix filters better?
Or should I stick with oem?

Baldwin has a good reputation but doesn't really rate the filter efficiency that I am aware. I think test showed they weren't great.

I used to be a Wix fan but won't buy the anymore - quality is way down since M&H purchased them. Prices are unsurprisingly up.

Who makes the OEM - Fram / First Brands still? I suppose the OEM has to hold their feet to the fire on quality - so might be best of your 3 choices?

Baldwin has a good reputation but doesn't really rate the filter efficiency that I am aware. I think test showed they weren't great.

I used to be a Wix fan but won't buy the anymore - quality is way down since M&H purchased them. Prices are unsurprisingly up.

Who makes the OEM - Fram / First Brands still? I suppose the OEM has to hold their feet to the fire on quality - so might be best of your 3 choices?
When I emailed Baldwin they said 25-30 microns absolute wix said 95% efficient at 23

Not familiar with specific cartridge application here, but when it comes to cartridges, fit in housing can be an important factor in my observation. Sight unseen, favor OEM. If considering aftermarket, if possible, want to confirm cartridge fit is good. Check some vehicle specific sites to see what others are successfully using.

WIX XP is ok, Baldwin should be good too, & OEM is going to be chosen by your manufacturer so a lot of the work has already been established for your engine.. The standard WIX filters have been hit or miss lately.

When I emailed Baldwin they said 25-30 microns absolute wix said 95% efficient at 23
Basically in the same efficiency ballpark. Absolute efficiency is defined as 98.7%, call it 99%.

Don't buy into the blanket montra of "filter efficiency doesn't matter". It does matter based on use factors.

Baldwin are good filters. They are cheap too. I would equate the Baldwin to Wix in the late 1990s in just about every way. Back in the day Wix was used on construction equipment, farm equipment, trucks. Then MH Bought Wix and now I'm seeing Baldwin on the same equipment locations.

Back