Backup in Windows 11

Google gives you 15gb of space, but you have to share it between your emails, documents, etc.

You reminded me that in addition to OneDrive and Dropbox, I use Google drive for my really non critical files and 15Gb is more than enough for me. I confess I haven't explored what's possible but on first acquaintance I really don't like the way Google drive is structured or the way it works. I want a simple file list that looks like windows File explorer and nothing more. Trying to be different is not helpful, they even make hard work out of deleting files. When I delete a file nothing seems to have happened until I refresh the page. Who thought that was good idea.

You reminded me that in addition to OneDrive and Dropbox, I use Google drive for my really non critical files and 15Gb is more than enough for me. I confess I haven't explored what's possible but on first acquaintance I really don't like the way Google drive is structured or the way it works. I want a simple file list that looks like windows File explorer and nothing more. Trying to be different is not helpful, they even make hard work out of deleting files. When I delete a file nothing seems to have happened until I refresh the page. Who thought that was good idea.
Google drive is garbage, but you can access all the photos through Google photos, and all the documents through Google docs, so unless you have something that's not pictures or words (something like a factory service manual in pdf format) you don't have to use drive all that much.

Google gives you 15gb of space, but you have to share it between your emails, documents, etc.
I have 5 GB of photos and 10 GB of email on my Google account. Main issue is many emails have large attachments. 65,000 emails. I work on it but never get below 90%.

Those 5GB of photos are the ones I want to delete off by phone and store & back up other places.

Back