Baby-in-law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I think you need to grow up. Your married with a child.
Job "gratification" won't pay the bills. Sentimental value of objects doesn't mean anything either. I would be working two- three jobs shovelling [censored] if I had too.
I ve had to do bad jobs and long hours. I would not get stuck in the situation you are in. Your unrealistic in your numbers too. Thankfully for you your BIL isn't too swift with numbers either or it would be three adults split everything three ways.
Which means you would be paying 2/3rds of everything not just groceries.

+1

Nailed it
smile.gif

I wasn't sure of the arrangement. Is your bro in law living in your pad,are you in his pad,or are you all renting a place together all on the lease?

I realize part of this is blowing off steam, but A. LED lights are very cheap now and could be an easy step, and B. since you have some mechanical skills as weather warms try to do some light duty mechanic on side if this doesn't screw with your regular job. Sometimes an ad in college newspaper or craigslist will help. And yes, separate living quarters asap as possible.

All the babbling is just confusing the situation. What your BIL does is irrelevant to YOUR life.

Look at it as a business. Can you house your family for less money than you're paying now? Yes/no.

If the answer is no and you need the affordability of this shared arrangement suck it up.

It sounds like you want the luxury of being your own man under your own roof. Well that's gonna cost you. And my advice, do it when you can comfortably since this current situation allows you to save a few bucks instead of getting all haughty and rushing headlong into failure.

In the meantime watch some reruns of the odd couple.

Reactions: JC1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back