Aviation Oil Analysis in Phoenix AZ, experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has an oil sample kit from Aviation Oil Analysis in Phoenix for $17 and change. I'm assuming that includes the price of analysis. Has anyone ever used this lab? Trying to find a cheap lab to submit a few engine samples to for analysis.

Link to analysis kit here.

Thanks for any feedback!

At under $20 I'm tempted to buy a few kits and try them out. Break in samples on a new vehicle until wear starts to plateau then I'll use my normal lab again.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
At under $20 I'm tempted to buy a few kits and try them out. Break in samples on a new vehicle until wear starts to plateau then I'll use my normal lab again.

I like the NAPA kits personally. Never heard of that lab though

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3

I like the NAPA kits personally. Never heard of that lab though

I just sent off 3 Wix kits I purchased on Amazon for $20 with the last 2 samples I pulled from the now sold ES330 Lexus and a curiosity sample that I took from a 2018 Camry rental with the 2.5L 4 cylinder and 0w16 and 5313 miles on the clock. I'd buy more at $20 but they only had 3 in stock. The remaining kits on Amazon are $25 wix kits, not a terrible price but more expensive than the ones I already purchased. Since the few initial samples are more "noise" than data I was looking to save money.

I'll probably still give these a try just for fun.

I zoomed in on the form in the picture, appears that these samples are processed by ALS Tribiology in their Phoenix Lab which specializes in aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back