Aviation and Defense Cuts may mean lost jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Since Canada has a booming economy maybe those 2 million people can find much better jobs up North with free healthcare and no worries.

They'd be much more welcome up here than a lot of the people we do let in, that's for sure. Hard working people from the aviation and defence industries? yes please!

Have you guys noticed that Russian subs have been patroling the Gulf of Mexico and we didn't know it until after the fact. Also Russian bombers have intruded our air space off the Calif coast recently. No worries, cut the DOD budget.

Good roads and safe borders. There is a group who's main job is/should be, dedicated to just this job. Defense cuts certainly don't fit well with this definition.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Have you guys noticed that Russian subs have been patroling the Gulf of Mexico and we didn't know it until after the fact. Also Russian bombers have intruded our air space off the Calif coast recently. No worries, cut the DOD budget.

we knew...

After a few decades of minimal activity, the Russians have been flexing their ability to project power around the globe for the last few years...

Who launched this one off the CA coast the other year?

Either China or Russia I'd bet.(Yep I know where my tinfoil hat is
wink.gif
)

Launch it west bound and let them (US) think about it...

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Who launched this one off the CA coast the other year?

Either China or Russia I'd bet.(Yep I know where my tinfoil hat is
wink.gif
)

Launch it west bound and let them (US) think about it...

You Tube video was not visible on my computer...what was the event to which you're referring?

Thanks Steve...so, it's not at all clear that this contrail/cloud formation was the result of a missile launch...no other confirmation (including the usual of FAA, pilots, NOTAMs, etc.) exists...and no, I don't think that another country launched it, because I don't think it was a missile...

You would be surprised how often people are fooled by optical illusions...and instead of believing the simple, most rational explanation, they leap to fantastic conclusions, unsupported by the facts/evidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back