Autozone Score - Where to Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 0W-30 for $5, quarts of Mobil 1 0w-20 EP for $1, and quarts of Mobil 1 5w-20 high mileage for $1. My wife and daughter have Hondas that I will use the 5w-20 in. I was planning on using the 0w-30 in a Ford F150 ecoboost that calls for 5-30. Any problems with that? I was also going to use some 0w-30 in a 2006 Jeep Wrangler with 4.0 that calls for 10w-30 but have read some threads that suggest Mobil 1 in those engines doesn't produce very good UOA. The local Autozone also has Castrol Edge 0w-40 jugs for $5. Get the 0W-40 for use in the Jeep?

I got some 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 0W-30 for $5, quarts of Mobil 1 0w-20 EP for $1, and quarts of Mobil 1 5w-20 high mileage for $1. My wife and daughter have Hondas that I will use the 5w-20 and 0w-20 in. I was planning on using the 0w-30 in a Ford F150 ecoboost that calls for 5-30. Any problems with that? I was also going to use some 0w-30 in a 2006 Jeep Wrangler with 4.0 that calls for 10w-30 but have read some threads that suggest Mobil 1 in those engines doesn't produce very good UOA. The local Autozone also has Castrol Edge 0w-40 jugs for $5. Get the 0W-40 for use in the Jeep?

Can the OP remove this post please? I just realized I posted in wrong section. I have reposted in correct section.

That 4L Jeep engine will love the 0w40. Matter of fact, I have never found an oil mine did not like. That engine is easy on oil.

Your plan sounds good, OP. Keep the Xw20s in the Honda, and use the 0w30 in everything else.

I see no need for Xw40 in the Jeep.

I jump on any grade of any brand name such as Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobil 1 ... for $1/qt syn or semi-syn.

You can always mix heavier with lighter(appropriate ratio) of the same brand to get desired grade.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I jump on any grade of any brand name such as Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobil 1 ... for $1/qt syn or semi-syn.

You can always mix heavier with lighter(appropriate ratio) of the same brand to get desired grade.

+1 My biggest problem is every time I see one of these deals I go to my local AZ and strike out!

I went to my closest AZ store and they had sold out of everything except Castrol Edge 0w-20. Bought 3x5 quart jugs for $5 each. Those were the last.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

+1 My biggest problem is every time I see one of these deals I go to my local AZ and strike out!

LOL, I live in metro-Atlanta. Half of the AZ's had good deals, the others maybe just $1 for a random ATF or $4 for Kendall or Castrol Synblend in stores.

Like, really? Does one area in the same county really have differing rules?
crazy2.gif

We're talking 10 stores in 1 county at least, so random their pricing.

AZ Mgmt. told me it's store-store, and what sells least at those stores got marked down.

Mobil now states that 0w-30 is a good choice in your Accord. I picked up 5 qts and will run it in mine. It's thinner at -40c than the QSUD I'm using now. Great oil, uncommon grade.

Mobil

Originally Posted By: Turk
AZ Mgmt. told me it's store-store, and what sells least at those stores got marked down.

Yes & No.

No: Valvoline blue bottle ATFs are $1, Castrol Synblends were $1. This looked like a company wide clearout.

Yes: Everything else for $1 seems to be store inventory related. In one store today for $1 qt I saw RP 5w20, Edge 5w20, PYB 10w40, Durablend 10w30, Autozone 5w30. Had not seen anything like that anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back