AutoRX Mileage boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 400 Miles into my AutoRX treatment of a 91 Honda Accord with 135K miles on it.

Took a long trip for work yesterday ~ 200 miles round trip and my daily commute of 100 miles today.

On the long trip averaged 27.2 MPG vers a normal 24.5 MPG, doing 75+ MPH.

On my daily commute, coming home tonight I did tank top up and got 27 MPG vers my normal 24.5!

Long and short of the AutoRX treatment, I have gained about 2.5 MPG it seems and I'm only part way done! Considering I do 30K miles a year, I'll take every increase in performance.

Woo Woo....Snake Oil, I think not.
lol.gif

Thanks and I bet you followed the application instructions. Keep driving and let me hear from you.

[ June 13, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

hey steveON. glad to see that someone else has an accord like mine here. i have a 19 accord with 160k, clean. check my profile for the pictures.

whats your milage to the tank...if its more than mine ill be jelous =).

jay.

Well, you had exactly the opposite of my experience. I lost 2-2.5 mpg during my AUTO-RX treatment. I followed application instructions as well.

But, I figured this occurred during the cleaning process and I am not passing judgement yet.

its hard for me to tell now as well. but it sure did something for my milage...if not then of course it did its job. i think my biggist advantage is changing the fuel filter which hasnt been changed =).

digitaldrifter,

I was getting ~330 Miles to a tank if I really pushed close to empty.

Not sure what I will get with the slight boost in mileage. My problem on getting too low is the lack of gas stations on part of my commute. Long way from Palmdale to Edwards, and not a whole heck of alot between the base and town...but that's a good thing cuz they like to go supersonic out there....BOOM!

OK 750 Miles done with first dose of AutoRX!

Oil change done, new filter, let things run for a while, then add second dose of Auto RX.

Mileage on last fill was down, but it was mostly city driving with lots of "Zoom Zoom Zoom"...sorry Mazda folks, I'm in a Honda...LOL

Got a long run (~300 miles) on for tomorrow so will get another look at mileage and will post results.

I noticed about a 2 mpg increase after my treatment. However, I did several changes, so I can't pinpoint it to any specific item. I changed my PCV valve, fuel filter, plugs, wires and switched to 0W-30 Amsoil.

I noticed that the part of my cylinder head visible through the oil fill hole looks noticeably cleaner after Auto-Rx. If that part is clean, I can imagine the rest of the engine looks great as well.

Now into the 1500 Mile "wash", and getting 27 MPG if I don't "zoom zoom zoom".

Still pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back