AutoRX in 96 Benz SL320

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 88k on her and am going to give it a dose. My question is do I need more then one bottle in there, as the oil capacity is 7.5q? THanks!

The "generic" recommendation is two ounces per quart of sump capacity, I think it's still on the Auto-Rx website somewhere but it may be rather buried now after the website remodeling and the fact that they have changed the "basic" treatment instructions.

It is still there, on the right hand side on the box under the search box, it said:

Auto-Rx® Application Amounts To Use.

NO IT IS NOT BURIED

Personally, I would run the 2 fluid ounce per quart ratio, then use up the rest of a two bottle purchase on maintenance doses of 3 fluid ounces with each oil change after the rinse phase.

Ditto here, Rick20. Although for this time around on my '95 Civic I did the whole-bottle thing since I have plenty of ARX. I probably didn't need to, though, but it was worth a try.

My understanding is the newer whole-bottle recommendation is merely to simplify the basic application but the two ounces/quart IMO would likely be just as effective on an engine that wasn't too heavily sludged.

Good suggestion on using the remainder for maintenance doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back