Automotive Picture of the Day - February 16, 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chevy-news-10-12-1964-997-M-thumb.jpg

Newsweek; October 12, 1964.

Click here to view a full size readable image.

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer the 1966-and up Chevele and Impala...with a 396 or 427!

But yeah, in the mid-1960's, Chevelle's gave buyers a lot of great choices in a mid-size car....

Is it a bad scan or does the car already look beat up with badly fitted door and mismatched paint?

my 1st car was a '65 malibu, unfortunately, it was in '88. funny, too, mine didn't say 'chevelle' on it anywhere; all the emblems said malibu. I thought only the entry level post-model chevelle 300 was a 'chevelle'. the one in the picture is a hardtop malibu SS.
my dad had a '65 malibu wagon, 283 and 3 speed manual w/ overdrive. he still talks about that car.

The American auto company could do no wrong in those days. GM was on top of the world.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Is it a bad scan or does the car already look beat up with badly fitted door and mismatched paint?

I think what appears to be mismatched paint is the reflection of the sand up onto the white paint job.

As for the door panel gap, I don't know. My '97 Mercedes C230 had what appeared to be gaps between the doors and the fenders, but that was normal; I never had leaks or rattles.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

You know, I was always under the impression that cars back in the days were not painted with shiny nice high quality paints that we have today, because my 12 year old car looks better than the "new" cars back in the days at least on the print.

It also seems to demonstrates that those beaters on the street here aren't that beaten up; they were made like that since new.

My fave year, I love the '65 Chevelle. Everything about it is perfect. Wish I could go out and buy one today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back