Auto-Rx results on Merc 500 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok people.

I ran the ARX in the rans and engine for 1500 miles, and had all the oil changed in the torque converter and gearbox and engine.

The car is noticeably smoother and also the gears shift smoother.

My car has 61k miles on the clock, and is in excellent condition anyway.

But does seem to be running smoother so im happy on that front.

However... Dont know if i should be concerend or not.. But the oil pressure seems to drop abit more now then before when the car is in gear and not in motion. As in idling in gear.

Its definately dropped abit more then before.

Before used to be in between 3(which is the max) and 2. Now its on 2 and sometimes dropes abit below.

Any ideas why gents? When i stick it in neutral it does go up just over 2 but before again it would go up abit higher.

Im using GTX oil btw.

Thanks!

You opened up arteries. When there is more room to flow, the same amount of flow requires less pressure. It’s the whole blow through a straw thing.

Sounds like you cleaned something out. But, 61K, and you are talking KMs not miles right. At that mileage you should have origional factory oil pressure unless the oil has never been changed. On a scale of 1 to 3, 2 would be a good idle pressure, even in gear.

Your new oil is probably thinner than the previous oil. Slightly below 2 bar oil pressure at idle is fine.

Mighty,

I used to have a similar car/engine, an '86 420SEL. I used to run Valvoline or Castrol 20W-50 in it during the vicious Loozyana summers, between 160K miles and 180K miles, and saw a hot idle pressure of about 1.5 bar.

When I changed to Delo 15W-40, the hot idle oil pressure went up to 1.8 - 2.0 bar, despite the Delo being nominally a thinner oil at 100 C. Go figure. (Mercedes engines seem to like this dino oil; my 4-cyl. C230 thrives on it.)

In any case, as I recall, your owner's manual says that oil pressure down to something like .8 bar is OK at hot idle, as long as the pressure comes up on acceleration and pegs at anything over 2000 rpm.

Yeah, as Shaman said, oil pressure is like blood pressure. As you get older and your arteries clog, your blood pressure rises. After you use ARX, your clogs go away and the pressure goes down to normal.

Thank you for the replies gents.

Well seems ARX has done a good job. Im on rinse phase.

Ive been told i dont need to rinse the Transmission oil right? Just engine oil?

I thought the higher the oil pressure the better. Lol.

Yeah Benz as you say the manual says its ok to drop to 0.8. I worry thinking the engine would die if it did :-/

In the rinse phase should i put any more ARX in? AFter is it adbisable to use a synthetic oil once its done?

Do not add any Auto-RX during the rinse. You can use whatever oil you like after the treatment is complete.

I have some Fortre engine flush, would it be ok to use this at the end of the rinse phase?

Would it maybe help with the rinse process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back