Auto-Rx Question on Application ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

MC5000 is an excellent oil for both clean and rinse phases. This is as confirmed by both the ARX and EOM folks. I've used it very successfully in numerous ARX treatments.

You want to avoid synthetics, esters, and oils with any polarizing agents for the rinse phase. Other than a little extra sodium, the 5000 is none of those.

Well hold on Volvohead! I just called Frank Miller himself, and he told me that Mobil Clean 5000 is NOT a preferred choice for the rinse phase. I wanted to confirm whether or not it is since I have some on hand, and I'll be moving to the rinse phase in the 04 Prius I bought used a couple months ago. Frank told me that even the Mobil Clean 5000 product, which of course is Mobil's current "dino" choice, contains sufficient quantities of synthetic esters, that it is not a good choice for rinse phase. He recommended either Havoline or GTX as better options.

Quote:

Frank told me that even the Mobil Clean 5000 product, which of course is Mobil's current "dino" choice, contains sufficient quantities of synthetic esters, that it is not a good choice for rinse phase. He recommended either Havoline or GTX as better options.

Thanks for that info. I had heard GTX has been recommended and is in my car now, but my truck is rinsing with Chevron which is rumored to be very similar to Havoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back