Auto Rx in twin/cam Saturn

Status
Not open for further replies.
750 miles ago I put the RX treatment in my Saturn.I went back to dino oil as instructed.Upon looking inside the old filter I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.The oil was dark for only 750 miles.I was told to replace filter and dino oil[I used mobil drive clean 5/30] for the next 750;then add another bottle of RX.I just wonder if I could go a little longer with the RX in?Would it clean more if it was in longer?

im not an expert =). if u looked inside ur oil filter i bet you didnt see squat becuase the oil flows out of that hole, not in =). so basically you have to open it up to see what it caught.

i wanted my cars engine to clean a little more so i put auto rx in for 1000 miles the first time to "do some more cleansing".

many people here done longer auto rx intervals, just got to think about the oil filter in being clogged up.

at 500 miles i changed my filter and went another 500. i used a cheap good filter so it didnt really matter to me, at least i had the satisfaction that my oil filter wasnt clogged.

right now im almost done, im going to go 1800 miles for my second treatment of auto rx...insead of 1500.

hope i helped, this is my own personal experiancce.

I suppose I could cut it open with a hacksaw.I'm still trying to figure out why Frank said to drive it 750 miles before adding the next bottle.

hehe frank has his reasons, a very good person, i forgot why it was important to drive it for a couple of miles afterwards.
hacksaw will tkae alot of effort, i went ice age style and used a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. NOT COOL>.

I got it open I could not see where it was really plugged- just real black for 750 miles

[ May 06, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: M.T.Wallet ]

I used a dremel with a cut off disk to open the filter. Very easy, just the usual precautions so you don't cut off part of your body!

Keith.

A screwdriver and a hammer are fast and easy!
tongue.gif

Auto-Rx® Automotive Application Instructions
Application Instructions For Saturn Twin Cam Engines -Toyota V-6 Engines.
STEP 1
Install a new filter and new NON-synthetic oil.
Conventional oil is the preferred carrier of Auto-Rx® in extreme conditions.
STEP 2
Add one bottle of Auto-Rx® (12 ounces) to your engine oil.
STEP 3
Drive 750 miles and change oil and filter.
STEP 4
Drive 750 additional miles with just the new oil and new filter (top off any oil
that blows by).
STEP 5
After 750 miles add the second bottle of Auto-Rx® to existing oil and filter.
STEP 6
Drive 750 additional miles and then change oil filter
STEP 7
Drive 750 additional miles and change oil and filter
A good deal of carbon should have been removed from the ring packs; not all, but a good
bit. You should begin to notice less oil burning.
STEP 8
Always add three (3) ounces of Auto-Rx® each time you change the
oil and filter (every 3000 miles). Don't be surprised when, in the first
3000-mile oil change, you see a reduction in oil burning.

Three ounces of Auto-Rx® will stop carbon and sludge from forming again (as it
will do without Auto-Rx®). This is inherent with the Saturn and the Toyota
V-6. It will take some time to accomplish this, but it is a lot less
expensive than going to your dealer. PLUS, it works!

MT Follow This Application for Saturn Twin Cam
You want to run just plain oil to continue to drive liquified crud to filter for 750 miles before second application.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris:
A screwdriver and a hammer are fast and easy!
tongue.gif

haha if u say so. i was coverd in oil. i was wearing a plastic bag. though i didnt drain it befor ei did it =).

Thanks Frank I will follow your instructions!!One question After I finish the process should I continue to use dino oil?I was using Amsoil 5/30 before my first application of RX.If so would you reccomend a good high dtergent dino oil.I have been using Mobil drive clean 5/30.

[ May 07, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: M.T.Wallet ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back