Auto-rx Cleaning With Oil Company's Synthetic Esters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto-Rx will work with any oil in initial cleansing part of Auto-Rx application. You don't need to change your Mobil 1 or Quaker State High Mileage Oil or anyone elses. Add your Auto-Rx at a ratio of 2 ounces per quart of your existing oil(Auto-Rx does not care how dirty your oil is as long as you have clean filter) Follow application instructions for mileage(1500 miles )

You do need to use non synthetic oil to rinse off
contaminants from your oil lubricated rotating parts and you should stay with a non synthetic oil for rest of Auto-Rx application. When finished go back to whatever oil you like.

This is good to know! So I have about 1500 miles on synthetic 5w-30 now and was going to change out at 5K before using auto-rx. So what you are saying is that after about 3500 miles, I could leave my synthetic in, change oil filter only, add auto-rx and top off (with dino oil) then run the remaining 1500 miles before next phase of treatment?

Yes your plan is exactly correct, at 3500 miles change FF, add Auto-Rx, top up with the same oil you have been using if desired. At 5000 miles change the oil, add dino, and change FF.

Frank, I am using Auto-Rx in my wifes 1997 BMW 318i. The car has about 69,000 miles. When looking through the oil filler hole I can see a very small amount of sludge and varnish in areas where there is very little oil flow. There are no oil leaks. Currently I have Amosil XL-7500 Synthetic 10W-40 motor oil in the sump with Auto-Rx. From your comments I assume this is OK for the cleaning part of the Auto-Rx application.

As you know some people consider a group III oil like Amsoil XL-7500 to be a conventional oil not a synthetic oil. I don't know how much if any group V (ester) is mixed in with this (XL-7500) group III oil. Do you think I can use this this (group III) oil for the Auto-Rx rinse phase? Would group III Castrol Syntec 10W-30 or 10W-40 work for the Auto-Rx rinse phase? I hate to ever use a group I or II conventional oil but I will if I absolutely must to properly complete the Auto-Rx rinse phase.

[ December 08, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back