Auto-RX and its color

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing the board and reading several positive things about this ARX product..thought what the hey, I'll buy a bottle. I open it up and pour a tad out to see what it looks like..this stuff looks like sludge itself! Is this a normal color for these type of products? I read people saying yeah I checked my dipstick a few weeks later and my oil looked really dirty, must be really cleaning that [censored] out of my engine. Well..isn't it going to look "dirty" just from pouring the ARX in in the first place? I mean this stuff is like a dark a$$ dirty chocolate color.

Yes, thats the normal color, once it mixes with 4, 5, 6 quarts of oil the color difference is negligible. Also, it is very thick, but same thing, once its mixed with the oil it doesn't do that.

The Arx will not turn the base oil dark at proper concentration. I once ran some in a transfer case and the oil came out the same color it went in as.

So if I pour in the bottle to my 5 quarts of oil and drive it say, 10 miles (i'm assuming this would at least allow the ARX to mix up with the oil) and pull the dipstick, then the oil is going to still look brand new (I just changed it) ? In other words, if I pull the stick after 10 miles and the oil is substantially darker in color, I know it is just because of the color of the ARX, as it could not clean enough "sludge" out of the engine in 10 miles to make the oil any darker. So if I drive 10 miles and the oil looks dirty....what does that tell me? ARX just gives the oil a dirty tint to make it appear as though it's working? Hey I'm not saying the stuff does not work, but that is the FIRST thing that came to my mind when I opened this stuff. Surely I'm not the only one.

I don't want to do a search, I want to ask the question myself. I couldn't care less about being called a "troll" on an internet message board.

mth 78- Auto-Rx is not going to change the color of your oil. Have you gone to the Auto-Rx Forum or the FAQ? Auto-Rx ia natural chemistry and does not change oil chemistry or viscosity. Auto-Rx uses oil as a carrier only.

What could happpen is you have previously used a solvent flush or a CP friction reducer and Auto-Rx is driving that chemistry out of your engine and the chemical reaction caused a change in color of your oil. If thats the case drain the oil and start Auto-Rx Application with fresh oil.

Auto-Rx loooks at solvents and CP as contaminants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back