Auto hold and ESC lights orange

Hello all,

I've got a 2012 Hyundai Genesis with the 3.8L V6, 120,xxx miles.

Pulled into a gas station today, right when I stopped at the pump, the car shut down. Filled up. When I restarted, I noticed that the auto hold and ESC lights (and one other light) was orange. Pulled up to make a left turn at a light and the car shut down again. Started up, drove home without having to stop at another light.

Came out about 15 minutes after, started the car, no lights on. I don't know what's going on.

I dont know if this has anything to do about it, but the car has been having issues starting. Sometimes it will turn over a few times before starting, sometimes it will just turn over and not start at all. Been happening for about 2-3 weeks now.

Thanks.

I've got zero reason to think this is the case, but have you had the battery checked recently? A weak/marginal battery seems like it can cause all sorts of weird gremlins to surface.

I'm sure more experienced minds will post more accurate suggestions. This was my first thought on the "easy to check/rule out" list.

I've got zero reason to think this is the case, but have you had the battery checked recently? A weak/marginal battery seems like it can cause all sorts of weird gremlins to surface.

I'm sure more experienced minds will post more accurate suggestions. This was my first thought on the "easy to check/rule out" list.
Battery is a couple years old. I'll check the connections

Update: Had to run and pick up daughter from school. While waiting (idling), the car stalled again and the orange lights (auto hold, ESC, EPB) came on again. It was very difficult to start again, just kept on turning over. Finally it started and I ran back home. Noticed during that drive home that the AC wasn't blowing cold.

Back