Status
Not open for further replies.
Redline.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: jpittsiv
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Is that with the turbo V8 sparker?

It's a normally aspirated V8.

Given those 3 LM oils all meet the same relevant specs, not sure I could decide between them. Amsoil AFL is also good for Euro sparkers. I'd say, pick any of the 4.

Amsoil Euro/AFL is not officially approved by any European Car Mfg, given its excellent track record, and in the face of Lubro molly still only meeting old Euro specs, I would say Amsoil AFL

The car is out of warranty, no need to follow VAG's blessed approved oil list. Redline, Amsoil and Schaeffers are proven oils in Euro cars, even though they don't pay the taxes to have that privilege.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
No Fuchs oil is readily available here in North America unfortunately.

That's a shame, Fuchs has some excellent lubricants.

Lubro & Liqui Moly oils have done well in all the applications I've used them in. The Long Time High 5w-30 is my oil of choice right now.

Longtime%20High%20Tech%20Low%20Friction%20Motor%20Oil%20(5w-30)%20-%201%20Liter.jpg

I use Mobil 1 0W-40 in my wife's '05 S4 Avant. I don't have any UOA's for this vehicle, but I don't see any reason to use anything more expensive than the M1 for the type of driving that we do in the S4 (mostly commuting, some long trips, etc.)

Well based on many factors including price, availability and reputation, I decided on the Amsoil AFL and a 5k mile drain interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back