Audi A4 Quattro oil use...consensus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ValvolineSynPower 5w-40 ACEA A3 has posted an impressive UOA in a demanding Audi application.

Fred..
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
For any of you out there running this 5w40 Syntec, do you have plans to do a UOA on it? I'd be very interested in seeing how it performs. I like the fact that it's a thinner 40wt oil, it would probably do very well in a lot of engines.

Yeah it is a thinner 40wt than found commonly .

Just guessing it must have a good bit ester in it to have the great High Shear rating that it does since it's relatively light in terms of VI @ 212f .

These 5/40's are a kickin butt
smile.gif

The Made in Belgium stuff is supposed to be great, probally an A3-'98 forulation. Now, the Audi dealers carry VW-spec Syntec 5w-40 in a drum, but I believe is is USA-made. It however meets VW 505, 503.01 and possibly Toureq specs, TooSlick would know. I have heard dealer grumblings that Audi is not happy with this Syntec because of deposits and is looking for a substitute. This simply might just be a carry-over rumour from the super-extended SLX cars in Europe. I would use the GC over the Belgium Syntec, but it is a cool oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back