ATV oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for all of the info on HDEOs for motorcycle engines. I have started using Rotella 5w-40 in all 4 of my ATVs and am happy with the price and performance.

One question I would like to have some input on:

on the 2 air cooled ATVs is Rotella 5w-40 "synthetic" OK for summer usage? I live in Texas where the temps regularly get above 100 and want to make sure these 2 are getting the best protection. We ride long and hard...

Call me strange, even though I know that the 5-40 is not a true PAO synthetic I want to use a synthetic labeled oil. Was looking at the RP 15-40 synthetic HDEO. Any tips?

Thanks!

If you like the Rotella 5w40 then stick with it, just change it more often. I XC race a Raptor 700 in east Texas in the ATVCCS and am always surprized at how fast atv engines chew up high quality oil. Your quads will shear the RTS to a 30wt in less than 10 hours. If you're riding them hard, then change often.

I would run a 15w40 if yours are like my old Warrior and runs red hot i swear, you'll want a little heavier oil in your texas heat. plus it will shear less can run it longer.

Both are good oils but honestly, I think that the frequency of the OCI you are getting a better bang for your buck going with the dino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back