AT205 Reseal vs Blue Devil Rear Main Sealer for a suspected Rear mean leak

hey guys in my 2003 hummer h2 with a 6.0l v8 lq4 engine with 250,000 km, there seems to be a rear main or oil pan gasket leak. took it to gm, he thought it was oil pan gasket while local mechanic thinks its rear main. hard to see since oil is all around that area. my leak is getting worse now that its summer and was told to try a reseal product.
i heard the gm rear mains are teflon so i also heard these products wont work, not sure if thats true but i guess will try my luck

which one do u think is better?

thx

I used AT-205 a couple of times on high mileage Hondas. Not 100% but it definitely seemed to help.
I have not used Blue Devil.

Good luck.

The LiquiMoly Motor Oil Saver has worked really well for me for quick results EDIT: 500 miles /EDIT

Valvoline Max Life High Mileage oil also has a 100% success rate for me but takes about 3000-5000 miles

Last edited:
hey guys in my 2003 hummer h2 with a 6.0l v8 lq4 engine with 250,000 km, there seems to be a rear main or oil pan gasket leak. took it to gm, he thought it was oil pan gasket while local mechanic thinks its rear main. hard to see since oil is all around that area. my leak is getting worse now that its summer and was told to try a reseal product.
i heard the gm rear mains are teflon so i also heard these products wont work, not sure if thats true but i guess will try my luck

which one do u think is better?

thx
Both mechanics think? Clean the area as possible and try to discern the location of the leak. Engine cleaner and elbow grease. Brakleen etc. Be safe.

AT205 works well for me. Put in engine and trans on my 69 ford and it’s not bone dry underneath but the spots on the garage floor are very minimal compared to before. I just ordered some to put in the 99 accord and 07 pilot.

Back