At least they show you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
People operate on lots of misconception these days. It's especially prevalent on YouTube.
Yeah, and here too. Esp. those wanting their 5 minutes of fame by tearing the FL-820's filter media.
smirk2.gif

Such as posting the same goofy statement over and over again? That'll do it too.

i guess when you don't have anything else it's what you do.

These corporations don't love you back, and the brands change hands frequently and are traded like baseball cards. Having corporate shills in the forum propping up their employer's brand is not useful and if there's one less of them posting now, that is fine with me.

Originally Posted by kschachn
People operate on lots of misconception these days. It's especially prevalent on YouTube.
Yeah, and here too. Esp. those wanting their 5 minutes of fame by tearing the FL-820's filter media.
smirk2.gif

Such as posting the same goofy statement over and over again? That'll do it too.

i guess when you don't have anything else it's what you do.

When ALL you're known for is degrading members, it's all you know what to do. And, you're not very good at it.

When ALL you're known for is degrading members, it's all you know what to do. And, you're not very good at it.

What part of my post was degrading and what part was incorrect? I think you've posted that same little "gotcha" at least 5, maybe 10 times now in response to various individuals. Many of the times you've said it in direct response to someone who has posted pictures of torn filters they've cut open, essentially calling them liars. Isn't that a bit degrading? Especially since you've posted no accompanying technical or factual rebuttal, only calling them attention mongers wanting 5 minutes of fame.

If you're trying to counter the posted pictures of torn filters with that repeated phrase you're not very good at it.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Many years ago in the early 90's I think, Fram closed the Nevada Missouri plant moved out of the country, and started using the paper end caps. There were, repeat were, problems that are currently resolved. There was even a TSB from Chrysler advising not to use Fram as they could shed adhesive and block oil passages. I had one with a defective seam that leaked out a quart in 500 miles making a horrible mess. They became known as the "Orange Can of Death" Since then they have cleaned up their act and Now make great quality filters, the Ultra is among the best.
Rod

FRAM has made most of the automotive oil filters in Greenville, Ohio for 50+ years. They also had an oil filter plant in or near Ogden, Utah and then one in Ontario, Canada. Only the Greenville site remains. Everything else (air, fuel, and oddballs) come from Mexico and China.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
The thing is, every publicly traded American Company is only one greedy CEO and or BOD or an acquisition away from being destroyed. So you have to watch for changes. I trust no company. Rod

I think all of the big name filter manufacturers are privately owned now. FRAM was owned by a New Zealander for a while after Honeywell sold them off. Champ Labs is private. Mann-Hummel (Puro/Wix) is a private family German biz. So trust is even less since you effectively know NOTHING about the companies.

Last edited:
People operate on lots of misconception these days. It's especially prevelant on YouTube.

smirk2.gif

I'm talking about a lot of misconceptions related to the understanding oil filters and engine oiling systems.

If you think everyone posting torn oil filtets is lying and purposely tearing them to get "5 minutes of fame" then go for it. We know of one person who did that, if ya know what I mean.
wink.gif

BTW, some people still believe the Earth is flat and that man never landed on the moon, even though there's evidence that says otherwise. Whatever turns their crank.
laugh.gif

What part of my post was degrading and what part was incorrect? I think you've posted that same little "gotcha" at least 5, maybe 10 times now in response to various individuals. Many of the times you've said it in direct response to someone who has posted pictures of torn filters they've cut open, essentially calling them liars. Isn't that a bit degrading? Especially since you've posted no accompanying technical or factual rebuttal, only calling them attention mongers wanting 5 minutes of fame.

If you're trying to counter the posted pictures of torn filters with that repeated phrase you're not very good at it.

There is always the ignore button.

Originally Posted by bbhero
A very insightful, rational and reasonable post here ^^

Very well stated.

Agreed...now, which one of us is going to report him to the moderators?

I mean, using logic and reason to respond to Internet forum posts, that's clearly unstable and possibly inflammatory behavior!
lol.gif

People operate on lots of misconception these days. It's especially prevelant on YouTube.

smirk2.gif

I'm talking about a lot of misconceptions related to the understanding oil filters and engine oiling systems.

If you think everyone posting torn oil filtets is lying and purposely tearing them to get "5 minutes of fame" then go for it. We know of one person who did that, if ya know what I mean.
wink.gif

BTW, some people still believe the Earth is flat and that man never landed on the moon, even though there's evidence that says otherwise. Whatever turns their crank.
laugh.gif

Are you serious? The earth isn't flat? When l was 18 l walked on the moon a lot when me and my buddies would hang out.

So why are you so latched on to thinking that everyone reporting torn filters here is lying about in order to get their "5 minutes of fame"? Because you've never found one torn?

Metalslug was a doubter, and a few others here too until they found one torn themselves.

I found a torn Purolator and posted a thread about it, so do you think I lied and made it all up?

Exactly Zee ^^^^

Blue... If you had a Dr or a nurse say that you were making it up that you had pain somewhere in your body would you like that ???

I had to argue with a resident Dr at MCV for about 5 minutes that I could not see numbers or letters mixed in a colored chart that I was holding like a foot away from me.. With my good right eye covered... And attempting to use my 20/1000 left eye. That resident Dr got an attitude with me... I kept my patience though I was about to lose it when that world champion took out a pen light... Put it across my left eye and then that guy realized that I had zero pupil reaction... Then he voice shook as he said, " ohh ohh I guess you really cannot see out of that eye". .. My response was, " yeah that's what I have been trying to tell you the last 5 minutes"....

Blue... You would not appropriate or like it to be assumed of you of lying or making things up when you know full well it is legitimate and real and true to you....

And I'd bet as patient. .... You have been treated that way at times.... I'd also bet you really got mad about that... Which is totally understandable...

That is no different than what you are doing to others on here....

Think about that my friend.... Do unto others has you would have done unto yourself... It is the right way to go...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
Exactly Zee ^^^^

Blue... If you had a Dr or a nurse say that you were making it up that you had pain somewhere in your body would you like that ???

I had to argue with a resident Dr at MCV for about 5 minutes that I could not see numbers or letters mixed in a colored chart that I was holding like a foot away from me.. With my good right eye covered... And attempting to use my 20/1000 left eye. That resident Dr got an attitude with me... I kept my patience though I was about to lose it when that world champion took out a pen light... Put it across my left eye and then that guy realized that I had zero pupil reaction... Then he voice shook as he said, " ohh ohh I guess you really cannot see out of that eye". .. My response was, " yeah that's what I have been trying to tell you the last 5 minutes"....

Blue... You would not appropriate or like it to be assumed of you of lying or making things up when you know full well it is legitimate and real and true to you....

And I'd bet as patient. .... You have been treated that way at times.... I'd also bet you really got mad about that... Which is totally understandable...

That is no different than what you are doing to others on here....

Think about that my friend.... Do unto others has you would have done unto yourself... It is the right way to go...

I just don't believe PUROLATOR would allow such filter failures to go unchecked. If there were "ACTUAL" filter tears like that I'm sure PUROLATOR would have fixed it by now.
And, if someone don't believe me about something, there is always the option to not respond, and/or use the ignore button.
coffee2.gif

So why are you so latched on to thinking that everyone reporting torn filters here is lying about in order to get their "5 minutes of fame"? Because you've never found one torn?

Metalslug was a doubter, and a few others here too until they found one torn themselves.

I found a torn Purolator and posted a thread about it, so do you think I lied and made it all up?

I guess I will just have to wait my turn.

trooper_chipmunk.jpg

There is no evidence Purolator even is aware of filters tearing. If they were they wouldn't advertise it due to lawyers looking for opportunities to make money with lawsuits. People here are aware of it so what else is new. How many times does it need to be said.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
There is no evidence Purolator even is aware of filters tearing. If they were they wouldn't advertise it due to lawyers looking for opportunities to make money with lawsuits. People here are aware of it so what else is new. How many times does it need to be said.

I really would like to cut one open and see it torn. That might help me believe it.
21.gif

My son works for a Ford dealership. I'm going to have him bring me several FL-820S oil filters so I can cut them open. I will have him keep supplying me with them until I run out of DREMEL wheels to cut them open with.
What I really need is a diamond DREMEL wheel. Anyone know where I might buy one?

What I really need is a diamond DREMEL wheel. Anyone know where I might buy one?

Amazon has plenty for sale, and delivery tomorrow for me.

Amazon has plenty for sale, and delivery tomorrow for me.

Here's a page from AMAZON. Which wheels do I need to cut open filters? There's so many, I don't know which one to choose....
Pick me a good wheel, or wheels to cut open some filters.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dremel+cutting+discs&crid=2OJPCWFGK5FBS&sprefix=Dremel+%2Caps%2C577&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_7

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Blueovalfitter: I have cut open hundreds of torn purolator. Just search this site
smile.gif

My son will be supplying me with used FL-820S oil filters. He's coming to visit me this weekend and will be bringing me my 1st batch. I'm going to see 1st hand if any of the media is torn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back