Assembly lube suggestions?

Thousands upon thousands of engines have been built using Lubriplate 105 without issue. If you feel uncomfortable using it.....DON'T ! Just keep in mind that NO assembly lube will make up for poor machine work or poor workmanship.
No one said I was uncomfortable. I'm asking opinions on different products. My machine work is good, I've just never used assembly lube so this is new territory for me.

I posted on another forum and forgot about this one.

Building a Detroit diesel series 60 engine. I've had 2 suggestions when building.

1. Use an assembly lube on the main, rod, cam bearings. Specifically lubriplate 105 was suggested.

2. No assembly lube, use a pressure primer before you fire the engine.

I'd like to hear feedback. Is the lubriplate 105 still the lube of choice?

I use Lucas oil assembly lube or the crankcase oil the engine will get filled with when doing rebuilds.

Just my $0.02

I posted on another forum and forgot about this one.

Building a Detroit diesel series 60 engine. I've had 2 suggestions when building.

1. Use an assembly lube on the main, rod, cam bearings. Specifically lubriplate 105 was suggested.

2. No assembly lube, use a pressure primer before you fire the engine.

I'd like to hear feedback. Is the lubriplate 105 still the lube of choice?
I’m a 105 man here. Definitely use an assembly grease/lube

sure, everyone has preferences. I can't bring myself to use Fram oil filters...
Which is fine when it's backed up with at least a few facts as in the case of Trav. Lucas sells some worthless products, the fact that they may also sell some decent ones is good but it's still the corporate culture that would also market the worthless ones that's the problem.

In the case of Fram they do not sell any worthless products, even the cheapest orange can has never been shown to tear and has a silicone ADV. The corporate culture from them is not one of selling some documented worthless filters, if they did it would be equivalent to selling a can with no filtering media at all.

Back