ARX & Aluminum Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, pan drops and line flushes every 25-30K has kept mine clean so far, and I'm willing to bet millions of others. Only add I would put in an AT would be a Lubegard product, or possibly a little MMO. But Lubegard would be my first choice, it works well.

My experience with auto-rx
NYC32798 Offline

Loc: Westhampton Beach, NY
My cars have developed some issues after using auto-rx. Some of you guys on here are experts on this type of stuff so maybe you can help me figure out if my problems are a coincidence or not. I used auto-rx on my 1996 nissan maxima with 214,000 miles and my 1995 chevy z28 camaro with 142,000 miles. Shortly after starting the rinsing phase both the cars developed problems. My camaro developed a bad oil leak but I haven't found where it's coming from yet. It drains around 1 quart a week and half of it burns off on the headers. The engine has also gotten noticably louder. It now has a loud ticking noise. The maxima has had synthetic almost it's whole life. It has always been very quiet. Around the same time the leak and noises started on the camaro, the maxima developed a very light clunking noise under the hood. The sound is not a steady constant noise. It isn't that loud now but I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. I don't know if it's really auto-rx causing this or not but it just seems fishy to me that I got noises and leaks at the same time on 2 different cars using auto-rx. Either way I will never use auto-rx in any of my cars ever again just to be safe.

I found this post about somebody having problems with arx, what is ironic is I have never seen anyone post about problems when they have used Schaeffer's Neutra.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Do what I do now, run it longer!!!!!!!

I ended up following sprintman's advice on running arx longer, this was for the powersteering application.

Last year I ran an ounce of arx in my powersteering for 1000 miles and the fluid came out a little bit discolored.

So in December of 2008 I decided to run another arx application for the powersteering, this time I left 1 ounce of arx in there for 12,000 miles. I drained the powersteering fluid out last nite, I emptied the fluid into a clear Coke Bottle, it was black.

My thinking is that since arx works slow, why not leave it in for a very long time, its not going to hurt anything.

I am going to take the car out tonite, so I will report back and give you my observations, I ended up putting in some Amsoil PowerSteering Fluid.

Originally Posted By: c3po
NYC32798 Offline

My cars have developed some issues after using auto-rx. Some of you guys on here are experts on this type of stuff so maybe you can help me figure out if my problems are a coincidence or not. I used auto-rx on my 1996 nissan maxima with 214,000 miles and my 1995 chevy z28 camaro with 142,000 miles. Shortly after starting the rinsing phase both the cars developed problems. My camaro developed a bad oil leak but I haven't found where it's coming from yet. It drains around 1 quart a week and half of it burns off on the headers. The engine has also gotten noticably louder. It now has a loud ticking noise. The maxima has had synthetic almost it's whole life. It has always been very quiet. Around the same time the leak and noises started on the camaro, the maxima developed a very light clunking noise under the hood. The sound is not a steady constant noise. It isn't that loud now but I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. I don't know if it's really auto-rx causing this or not but it just seems fishy to me that I got noises and leaks at the same time on 2 different cars using auto-rx. Either way I will never use auto-rx in any of my cars ever again just to be safe.

I found this post about somebody having problems with arx, what is ironic is I have never seen anyone post about problems when they have used Schaeffer's Neutra.

Wow this guy is using a qt of oil a week. That isn't going to go away. Wonder if he ever figured out were the oil was going.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Originally Posted By: c3po
NYC32798 Offline

Wow this guy is using a qt of oil a week. That isn't going to go away. Wonder if he ever figured out were the oil was going.

It looks like this member only had 19 posts, so he probably just ended up get rid of the cars after he did not have any success with arx. We must take into account that we have no idea of the previuos maintenance on these cars, what its OCI's were like, maybe these were used cars. I think when we use any oil additive to clear things up in our engines we need to use these oil additives for a few OCI's.

I really believe we cannot expect our cars to be cleaned up in a few thousand miles.

Re: Neutra purge for lawn mower oil? Y/N?
dragboat

Loc: Oklahoma In short,I bought a new riding mower last June,heat cycled the Mower with the Briggs oil" 38K series 14.5 HP single cylinder" 5 times then changed to Pennzoil before mowing,even then I gradually stepped up on the lenght in time it was ran continuing the heat cycle process. The oil and motor has about 5-6 hours on it and is about time to put up for winter so yesterday the visual of the dipstick was still Okie Dokie,,the Pennzoil looked very good yet so I thought about leaving it in for the winter but decided to put some 131 in the motor and run it before change.
Well these motors do not use a oil filter,I ran it only 10 minutes,the motor was already at temp before I used the 131 for 10 minutes and it definatley got in all the places in that motor where assembly lube or other particles that we don't want in our engines and effectifly cleaned the motor. That was some ugly oil after drained into a clear container. Cost? Less than 50 cents!

You guys might try this cheap test. Most push mowers holds 1/2 quart to 48 ounces of oil at best. Drain your oil and add fresh OTC Dino that you are familier with as a visual aid then add the appropriate amount of the 131 in and run a bit,then drain into a clean container. Betting you will get the same results I did.

Now,if this works in a mower,It will work in your car motor but the car will have a filter so the visual might not be as dark because of filtering

I am not saying your compression will increase to whatever amount or your gas milaege will double,the bumpers will shine more and the tires will last longer I am saying the more junk from the internals of your engine you can remove,the better off the motor and you will be for the long haul and this is a very cost effective way to do it,,put the rest in your fuel tank.

I do not suffer from delirious illutions and saw what I saw,as usual opinions will vary but an opinion without practical experience with the topic product will not hold much water will it?

I am hoping some that already have some 131 will try this for themselves and report back to this thread because I am not at all afaid that someone else will have a clean oil after application of the 131 or a possible factoring that it might not work as I have said.

I wish I was in a position to send every member with a mower a few ounces of the 131 to try,,it is a good test using in a mower engine that stands up without any techncal mumbo jumbo

Neutra purge for lawn mower oil? Y/N?
L8274

Loc: Wyoming Dragboat sent me a free bottle of the Nuetra and I used it in my 10 year old 3.0 hp briggs and stratton pushmower which has a 1/2 quart capacity. I did not follow directions and used 2 ounces with 10/30 motor oil for 10 minutes. I drained it into a plastic container and it was just like he said. Rather ***** looking with gritty stuff that could be felt with my fingers and seen when poured into the recycle bucket.I will retreat it after I buy some more to see if more cleaning would be done if I had used it longer.

I am now buying $250 worth of it in gallon jugs for the car engines and the fuel tanks that I own and am splitting it with a friend.

I found this post about Neutra, if it works great in lawn mower engines then it would probably do a good job in cleaning up an automobile engine.

131 is one add I have not tried yet. Unfortunately, the closest dealer to me is in OHIO based on Schaeffer's web site.

Re: Neutra 131
salesrep

Loc: lllinois 24 pint case. $106.72 plus about $25 shipping.

It looks like with shipping this Neutra comes to about $10.97 a quart.

If you divide $10.97 by 32 ounces that comes out to .34 cents an ounce.

A 12 ounce bottle of arx goes for $25.00 and divide that by 12 ounces and that comes out to $2.08 an ounce.

I think the Neutra is just a better deal.

I know that Neutra comes in 16 ounce bottles.

Originally Posted By: c3po,dragboat
I am not saying your compression will increase to whatever amount

This I need.

Originally Posted By: c3po,dragboat
I am saying the more junk from the internals of your engine you can remove

This I don't.

I'll take the higher price stuff until the lower price stuff gets good reports for doing what I need.

bob.jpg

I think these Neutra Pics look fantastic, I do not think you will see valvetrain pics like this with auto-rx.

Click the link and enjoy.

Last edited:
I believe Bob added a quart of ATF, so in a 5 quart system he added 4 quarts of motor oil and one quart of ATF.

Maybe the ATF since it was thin was a good carrier for Neutra, I am just wondering how a thin oil like 0W-20 would work.

I also remember something about the ATF holding the contaniments, I will have to go back and reread the thread.

He also added a bottle of Neutra to the mix.

Originally Posted By: rcy
Originally Posted By: jmac
How would he know what IP address PaleoM has?

Auto-Rx can do that, too.

Basically it was easy to figure out who PALEOMONSTER was because of his writing style and also he only posted in this thread. He kept talking about solvents which the arx people deemed bad, but they never showed us any tests to prove there point.

I wanted to talk about Schaeffer's Neutra which arx has given it the solvent label. As long as you follow the instructions with Neutra when used in the oil you will be fine, its 1 ounce of Neutra to 1 quart of oil. If there were any problems with Neutra or any other solvent based oil additive cleaner we would have heard about it. I have read just about every thread in the oil additive section and I have never seen any bad posts about Neutra.

I will always hold members experiences with any oil additive over members who may bad mouth a product they have never used. If somebody is posting for an oil additive and they are being compensated in some way then I will have a hard time believing what they have to say.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
So who is being 'compensated'?

You and I know exactly who has been compensated, I do not think the oil additive section is a place to discuss this topic.

We are here to listen to members who have used different oil additives and they can give us there unbiased opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back