Are you noticing your aging

Aging,,,my my, it happens....The VA sends data to veterans from time to time, this article maybe helpful as some of us are getting older...enjoy

Reactions: 4WD
I’m 48 now, and yeah, I am starting to notice it.

Motivation is starting to become a problem now too. It’s almost like I’m giving up - it’s like a car - you take car of it for so long and then it starts getting old and you just can’t keep up with everything it needs. Only difference...I can’t trade myself in, I need to get back on track.

Aging,,,my my, it happens....The VA sends data to veterans from time to time, this article maybe helpful as some of us are getting older...enjoy

1.) The older I get … the better I was … 😜
2.) But yes of course … You know the thing

Im 74 and holding,,,,me and the wife ride bikes, no not everyday, it really helps with leg and shoulder strength and blood circulation...just a 10 min ride down the street and back is really mentally strengthening to boot,,try it,,you dont need a fancy bike,,,useds are fine...be a kid again,,its a game changer...

Two years ago at age 62 - I was doing some logging reclamation work and the 20 something workers were tossing 60 pound logs around like toothpicks and I was carefully maneuvering to avoid back injury. By 11 am, I had to sit down and catch my breath. Tortoise and the hare type of thing. But, it was then that I really came to the realization that the stamina and strength of younger days was kaput.

Mental capacity is waning also. Get up and walk into a room and forget why you went there, LOL.

Everyone told me the wheels start to really fall off at 75 and they might be right. Having my Ring doorbell catch me as I totter out to my door is really frightening. Still exercise everyday though, three days missed in six years. Miss the gym but trudge around my daughter's parking lot with her family.

My Grandfather used to say "getting old is the pits, but the alternative is worse".

I am 56. Despite almost 40 years of shift work, I am doing well. I was a former collegiate weight lifter, and I still pump iron to this day. I am easily stronger than most 25 year olds. Still have 20/20 vision (no glasses!) but hearing is slightly decreased.

I can run just fine, but I am slower and less flexible than I was. I have lost some stamina. Skin is good, almost no wrinkles, teeth are perfect.

I am 56. Despite almost 40 years of shift work, I am doing well. I was a former collegiate weight lifter, and I still pump iron to this day. I am easily stronger than most 25 year olds. Still have 20/20 vision (no glasses!) but hearing is slightly decreased.

I can run just fine, but I am somewhat slower and less flexible than I was.

I hope you lift safely. I personally know several people who blame excessive weight lifting as the reason their joints went severely downhill in later years.

Congrats of maintaining your good health. It's a struggle for me.

My eyes started to go downhill right at 40 and everything slowly followed. Now at 49 I'm heavier than I've ever been, and motivation to make positive life changes is very hard to come by. 2020 in general has been pretty bleak which isn't helping either.

Im 57 now and have had some slowing the past few years. I don't bounce back from injuries as well as I used to. Just this morning getting dressed I tripped over our cat and fell. My Wife woke up and thought I had a heart attack. She only saw me laying on the ground at the foot of the bed. When I told her about the cat she started laughing. Said the cat has been getting under her feet too.

Back