Are you brand loyal for motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tig1
For the last 41 years I have used M1 oils at 10K OCIs. To date not one lubricated part with M1 products have failed. Engines, transmissions, diffs, PS pumps, U joints, ball joints, wheel bearings. OPE engines of all kinds.

=====================================================
Probably 35 years of M1 myself although most of it between 5k-8k miles - I do stray when I find another good brand on clearance/sale … Or if I'm buying "charity oil" for my son. (got him some STP on sale the other day - Amalie I think, it was Dex 1.2 for a 3.6L Dodge, LoL) ...

Mobil1 Oil full synthetic

Engine was still VERY strong with 189k miles when I rid of it No oil consumption (transmission broke)

(verified by pulling the catalytic converter for a replacement had damaged by a misfire from damage fuel rail)
frown.gif

my newer car I use it as well I want to get 200k miles out of it as well I bought it at 84k miles has 90k miles(pretty soon in less then 50 miles)

I have a also switched to Mobil Fuel as well 91 octane

I'm comparing it to chevron MPG wise

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dblshock
good engines are not fussy with oil, think Toyota.
Even the Toyotas that are susceptible to stuck rings and consequent oil consumption?

Originally Posted by CR94
Even the Toyotas that are susceptible to stuck rings and consequent oil consumption?

They no doubt put XOM to the task on making TGMO ? Why ? … if they can run off peanut oil …

Originally Posted by CR94

I think back to their sludge problems. They make a great engine, but no one is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back