are we afraid of lost connectivity or apps/sites being down?

We are traveling and because it's so cold, I've popped in to look at the Trane app to see what the house temp is. On several occasions the app said to check the internet connecting. ruh roh!

So I did, with the FiOS app. Internet is up, no issues.

Later, it came back and I just looked at the events and saw the heat was working. It would go offline again but no longer worried.

Then, I saw I couldn't log in to the upside app where I've earned money with gas, about $21.

I'm 100% sure what my pwd is, and could neither login nor reset.

Send an email and there is no way to contact them other than email, and they are out through the New Year. Annoying.

App starts working again.

It would seem as if these days, the more we check things, the more we could be disappointed or "worried" when we can't get the information we seek? Although when we had no ability to check, we didn't worry...my .02. What do you think? :)

Few months ago I went on a trip to buy something. Needed cash so I went to an atm first—figured I’d enter the address into the gps after I got cash, so that I wouldn’t have to listen to Recalculating!” while off track. Got my money, got into the car, opened Outlook to find the meeting so as to get the address, and… nothing. It had completely wiped itself. Worse, I had left data on and it wiped that too, due to constant downloading. And no cell service in the area either, so no calling home.

I about destroyed my phone I was so mad…

Now I write stuff down on paper before leaving home.

Other weekend the power went out all day. Puttered around all day, in the evening I tried to read by candlelight and kept falling asleep. I was completely unmotivated to do anything, so used to staring at an lcd for, well, everything. Working on setting up my invertor to run my internet for the next storm.

No idea how to reverse it, but I’m hopelessly addicted to instant internet.

Waiting for people to deny it's an issue for them while they visit here on a daily basis or multiple times per day... 😂

I travel for work. It's annoying when these things happen. My security cameras are down, inaccessible, or the home automation just won't work. Particularly infuriating when the system alerts me to someone in the back yard and I can't watch the video no matter what I do.

Right after that annoyance, my credit card stops working. Mysteriously, it works again 3 hours later.

I travel for work. It's annoying when these things happen. My security cameras are down, inaccessible, or the home automation just won't work. Particularly infuriating when the system alerts me to someone in the back yard and I can't watch the video no matter what I do.

Right after that annoyance, my credit card stops working. Mysteriously, it works again 3 hours later.
Mine was declined a couple months ago at a restaurant, and rather to try to figure it out for the 3% rebate, I used a 2% card. But when I got to my car, I decided I can fix this with the app or calling an 800#. That was wishful thinking.

It was Citi. They said there was returned mail, and I didn't respond to a request to update my address. Sure enough, I did get something in the US Mail. But, what makes no sense, is, the notice came in the mail, successfully lol Also I have 3 CCs. Shouldn't all 3 be suspended? Nope. Rep on phone deleted my addy and updated, and CC started working.

Back