Are there any LED 9005/9006 headlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes led bulbs with 9006 part numbers exist but they are junk. I mean dollar store toy cheap in terms of performance and durability.

If you have halogen projectors or halogen reflectors with a full bulb shield you can use 9012 to replace 9006 if the housings are in good condition.

I see them every morning on my pre-dawn drive to work. They light up overhead signs, rear view mirrors, things on either side of the freeway.
Should be interesting tomorrow, as fog supposed to limit visibility to 1/2 to 1/8 mile.

Thoughts on this item please:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-9006-9005-LED-Total-120W-12000LM-Combo-Headlight-High-Power-6000K-White-Kit-/331922306660?hash=item4d481c7664:g:IssAAOSwZVlXmy6~&vxp=mtr

Originally Posted By: pacem
Thoughts on this item please:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-9006-9005-LED-Total-120W-12000LM-Combo-Headlight-High-Power-6000K-White-Kit-/331922306660?hash=item4d481c7664:g:IssAAOSwZVlXmy6~&vxp=mtr

J U N K!

Did you miss my first post? Go ahead buy them and I'll wait for your report.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yes led bulbs with 9006 part numbers exist but they are junk. I mean dollar store toy cheap in terms of performance and durability.

If you have halogen projectors or halogen reflectors with a full bulb shield you can use 9012 to replace 9006 if the housings are in good condition.

+1, the 9012 is the best option. More lumens of light and long lasting.

I heard alot of failures with LED's.

Last edited:
Can you explain why you think they are junk? They have many sold.

Because you cannot take a headlight housing designed to work as a halogen reflector and emit a completely different light source and have the optics work the way they were intended. The same can be said for halogen projectors but they aim slightly less worse than reflectors which usually leave you with no usable light past 20 feet.

Oem led headlights that are designed from the ground up are okay in some cases and in others even oem designed housings emit improper light and high glare.

Your dead give away that they are junk is they are only made in China and no reputable lighting vendor is producing these in any sort of great quantity. If they were a good idea you would see Phillips and Osram making led bulbs that are drop in.

Much more reading available here from people who are experts.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?414560-LED-H11-bulb-for-projectors

Instead of the olde incandescent bulbs or xenon bulbs of the 9005 / 9006 format, is there an LED version?

Why? Why would you even bother? If you need better output just gran some HIR in 9011/9012.

The large COB style LEDs are a dead giveaway, not to mention the obvious exposed wiring.

As a rule, any good LED headlamp bulb is going to use a quality point-source LED, which is better at providing a focused beam. COBs are too 'spread out' in terms of a light source, and are just about useless at providing the kind of focused lighting that headlamps need.

.. and the fact that the wires are exposed like that just scream "cheap"

Can you explain why you think they are junk? They have many sold.

Quantity sold has absolutely no bearing on product quality. Lots of terrible products sell incredibly well, but that doesn't make them good. It just means that a lot of customers made bad buying decisions.

Remember the Power Balance bracelets? They sold REALLY well. Didn't stop the company from having to shell out on a $57,000,000 settlement.

Just because they sell them that doesn't mean you should buy them, because I've tried LED 9006's in my 02 Silverado when I was experimenting with LEDs on that truck. Threw them in the trash because the beam pattern was horrible. The low/highs are the the only bulbs that will remain incandescent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back