Are Supertech filters being discontinued Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I also personnaly DETEST big-box chains coming in and killing off the smaller stores that I have been a patron of for years.

So do I, but your smaller stores have to sell the products that you want.
There is a local farm and ranch store that used to sell Purolator filters. I bought them quite a bit. They dropped them and now sell Fram. The same Fram that you can buy cheaper 1/2 mile down the road at WalMart. My mom bought a lawn mower at this same farm and ranch store. The farm and ranch store does not sell the replacement oil or air filters or the spark plug for this mower. WM does.
While I would rather buy from a local store, the big box stores are obviously doing something right.

Our Detroit metro WM still has the full assortment. I've been using them for years with good results, but lately spend a couple bucks more for a Purolator, Mopar or Wix just because the cans are not as wimpy as the ST filters. I bent an odd-size ST can in a tight location trying to remove an over tightened filter and had a heck of a time getting it off with a pair of filter pliars.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I also personnaly DETEST big-box chains coming in and killing off the smaller stores that I have been a patron of for years.

So do I, but your smaller stores have to sell the products that you want.
There is a local farm and ranch store that used to sell Purolator filters. I bought them quite a bit. They dropped them and now sell Fram. The same Fram that you can buy cheaper 1/2 mile down the road at WalMart. My mom bought a lawn mower at this same farm and ranch store. The farm and ranch store does not sell the replacement oil or air filters or the spark plug for this mower. WM does.
While I would rather buy from a local store, the big box stores are obviously doing something right.

Well used to. Now they have run everybody else out of business, Wal*Mart is cutting back on what they stock.

I took a stroll through Wal-Mart for the first time in months last night to see the wonderful "night crowd" that this location seems to bring in. I looked at the SuperTech filters and the selection was very sparse as was the selection of Mobil 1. M1 5W-30 was sold out, as were a few other weights where empty rows were. They were sold out of the ST3593A but they had a few of the ST7317. I forget what other filter sizes were sold out but there weren't many on the shelf. Their prices of Motorcraft oil filters are still higher than Pep Boys.

my boss recently sent me on a run to hit about 12 or so Wal-Marts and I'd say about 10 of them had a handful of SuperTechs left but tons of Frams. Scarce on Mobil 1 as well at every single location

I recently went to wal-mart to purchase coolant for my Jeep.

Supertech filter selection is getting smaller... NAPA proselects here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back