Are Parts Store Employees Getting Worse?

This is the true cause of the "labor shortage". Lots of people who've become out of work over the last year have realized how miserable working a low paying retail/food service job where you have no benefits, make peanuts, and get treated like crap by customers, and have realized that they are worth more than that. It's not that people don't want to work, it's that people don't want to work for the pay/benefits you're offering them to put up with the bs that you do as a retail/food service employee... People have wised up. I know a few people that have used this as a chance to change careers, go back to school, learn a new skill to take a new, higher paying job.
That and also in the old days we have undocumented workers filling in those jobs. I think a lot of them either decided (or someone else decided for them) to move back home.

The better work ethics ones who are legal to work entered the higher paying field like constructions and trades, or janitorials (no need to deal with insulting customers, safer working environment, more predictable schedule), or are all hired to do private at home nanny. Why would you go work at McD when any of the above jobs pay you better and or treats you better?

Most lower paying retail staffs will either get automated (or self services), or stores shrunk down to sell fewer items, take it or leave it style, and let those exotic stuff to be bought online only.

That and also in the old days we have undocumented workers filling in those jobs. I think a lot of them either decided (or someone else decided for them) to move back home.

The better work ethics ones who are legal to work entered the higher paying field like constructions and trades, or janitorials (no need to deal with insulting customers, safer working environment, more predictable schedule), or are all hired to do private at home nanny. Why would you go work at McD when any of the above jobs pay you better and or treats you better?

Most lower paying retail staffs will either get automated (or self services), or stores shrunk down to sell fewer items, take it or leave it style, and let those exotic stuff to be bought online only.
It's a separate discussion but a lot of the immigrants that have historically done low paid labor are suddenly not welcome in the country, even if they come in legally people look down on them. But yeah, there *is* a labor shortage, of a kind, and it has in recent years been a lack of people with the training to work in the trades, and do skilled labor, again because a lot of those jobs were taken by immigrants in the last few hundred years. And now the shoe is shifting, where a lot of people who were working low paying retail/food service jobs are trying to better themselves and move up, and we still need people to fill those jobs but they don't exist, or realized they can't support their family on the meager pay and lack of health insurance those jobs would provide them.

It's a separate discussion but a lot of the immigrants that have historically done low paid labor are suddenly not welcome in the country, even if they come in legally people look down on them. But yeah, there *is* a labor shortage, of a kind, and it has in recent years been a lack of people with the training to work in the trades, and do skilled labor, again because a lot of those jobs were taken by immigrants in the last few hundred years. And now the shoe is shifting, where a lot of people who were working low paying retail/food service jobs are trying to better themselves and move up, and we still need people to fill those jobs but they don't exist, or realized they can't support their family on the meager pay and lack of health insurance those jobs would provide them.
I can honestly say I have never heard of a legal immigrant being looked down upon by wanting to work and live in the US. I don’t. My family, friends, or anyone i associate myself with certainly doesn’t.

On another side note, McDonalds isn’t the only employer looking for workers. Somebody says people don’t want to work. Another says McD’s pays peanuts... McDonalds mainly hires part time kids/ young adults who are in school or anyone else looking for part time work. Part time means no benefits. If I lost my job today, I wouldn’t be showing up at a part time place looking for work.

Locally we have many 40 hr a week positions available on all shifts. Many say $15 per hr too. Only requirements are 18, valid drivers license and/ or reliable transportation, and that you can pass random drug screens.

Back