Are Bridgestone tires safe and reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by LarryL:
I'll bet you that Michael thinks BS tires are too save and too reliable.

Michael Schumacher? The cobbler from Kerpen? Yeah, he's been jonesing for Michelins all year (except for that one time).

Originally posted by abimanyu:
Avon was bought by Cooper yes, but I still love the avons [/QUOTE

]Nothing wrong with Cooper tires.
At least Cooper Lifeliner Touring SLE.
My daughter had a set installed a couple of months ago on her '04 Accord EX.
A nice all around tire for $108ea installed.

I've had four winters on Bridgestone Blizzaks, and 35k on Bridgestone Turanzas. 8/32" remain.
No issues other than 5% mpg drop from original Goodyears. Good road adhesion, expect to get 50k.
$ value is in safety and comfort. There sure are cheaper tires out there. Personal choice.

quote:

Originally posted by tuong:
mitch aslup, what are the advantages of the michellin ps2 to the s03??

I can only report on what "tire rack" surveys indicate.

PS2s have a tiny amount more grip and a tiny amount better stability in turns. My next set will be PS2s (unless something eclipses PS2 before this set is ground into dust.)

mitch, how is the wear compare to s03's and the price? i love s03, that is why i ask. tire racks can be bias and there ratings can be off. i love first hand opinions from people that have tried both tires and know what they are talking about, and not trying to sell the product.

The Firestone 721 fiasco was before Bridgestone bought them out, so it can be consdidered to be a different company.

The Firestone and Ford Explorer fiasco was a multi-part error. Firestone could have made the tires better. Ford chose to make that model Explorer more top-heavy than it needed to be (didn't want the cost of changing the steering gearbox). Ford chose to limit the air pressure in the tires so traction would be poor and the tires would skid instead of gripping and tripping the Explorer into a roll.

I really like most Bridgestone and Firestone tires if the have the "Uni-T" or higher quality built in.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back