Arby Roast Beef Sandwiches $5.00 for 5 Until June 16 Using Arby's App or Online

I see this trend of restaurants offering discounts/sales offers only to people that have smart phones a little troubling. I know more than a few people that don't use smart phones/computers due to finances, vision issues etc. they cannot take advantage and have to pay a higher price. Similar to some restaurants in the Chicago area that only take credit & debit cards no cash. The poor and disadvantaged are slowly being shut out of America.
Between the Affordable Connectivity Program, smartphones that are $50 or less, and service plans that are way cheaper than landlines ($10 to $20 for basic service), I'm inclined to believe that even those struggling financially have no problem getting access to these discounts.

Maybe the elderly who avoided cell phones may be missing out. But that's the only demographic I can think of at this point..

Does anyone remember when Arby used to sell full-sized Roast Beef Sandwiches 5 for $5? Not sure what happened to them but years ago they just completely changed and now a full-sized Roast Beef Sandwich is like 3-4 bucks for 1. They also started selling crappy stuff that nobody buys like Gyros and regular sandwiches that nobody cares about. Go into your local Arbys, it will be a ghost town.
They're 5.49 here in PDX

Being from where we fancy actual "beef on weck"; Arby's "roast beast" is to beef as particle board is to _______________.

Schwabls-in-Buffalo-5078.jpg

Between the Affordable Connectivity Program, smartphones that are $50 or less, and service plans that are way cheaper than landlines ($10 to $20 for basic service), I'm inclined to believe that even those struggling financially have no problem getting access to these discounts.

Maybe the elderly who avoided cell phones may be missing out. But that's the only demographic I can think of at this point..
The numerous homeless panhandlers we have here at the interstate off ramps all seem to have smartphones, guessing ACP ones. Not sure they’re going to Arby’s, though!

Hot dog meat.
Concerning Arby’s the ingredients are: beef, water, salt, sodium phosphates. But the beef sandwich is not sliced from a chunk of roast beef like top round, bottom round, or sirloin; it is not whole-muscle meat. Therefore, it is processed meat. It is 95% beef muscle tissue and 5% other ingredients. You can think of it like this: it is sliced roasted beef, but it is not sliced beef roast.

I've been eating them 7-8 times per year for 51 years now. That's how long I've been in a transportation / delivery industry

Here is something I think everyone will enjoy.

Arby's used to offer a free roast beef sandwich on the back of their receipts.

The catch? There wasn't one! You could simply get a free Arby's sandwich and when you were hungry the next day, you could go back with that receipt and get another free Arby's sandwich.

My wife and two kids probably went through about 80 sandwiches over a 4 month period. There were other free and cheap deals around, but that one from Arby's took the cake!
I remember that. Boy they got irritated when I came multiple days in a row. I noticed that most restaurants now have limitations and expiration dates on their free items.

Pink slime meat is perfectly safe to eat and delicious.

Most Barfy's went out of business a long time ago here. I know there's one in South City and one in Rohnert Park.

So, back in my Submarine Navy days, we were loading food stores before a North Atlantic run and as we were passing the roast beast hand over hand there was a sticker on them. It said below FDA specifications, however, edible for human consumption. Something along those lines.

That very same deployment, we came back to port and were being pushed back to pier by the tug, they suddenly went in reverse, pulled us back out to the channel and sent us back out. Spent another 10 days at sea. Kicker was, we were pretty much out of food, but there was something going on where we couldn't get any replenishment (during cold war.) The menu for Breakfast, lunch, dinner and mid-rats, was roast beast and pancakes, for 10 days. It became a big joke amongst the crew. Some guys would go through the chow line and say "I had Roast beef and pancakes 5 days in a row, so today I'll try the Pancakes and Roast Beef."

So, all of you slamming Arby's, I got something for ya.....you're all Roast Beef PRIVILEDGED! :)

Last edited:
Arby's has not used real sides of beef since the late 1970's.
If you saw the packaged "beef" before it was cooked, you'd think it was puke. it literally looks like packaged puke before it's cooked.

If you saw the packaged "beef" before it was cooked, you'd think it was puke.
I tried mentioning (warning) our 2 nieces about these overly processed fake foods.
Both were in their 20's and in college at the time.
I was brief and to the point, but the "blank stare" washed over their faces instantly.
Even "pink slime" didn't grab their attention.

So, the announcer in Arby's commercials should say, "Arby's, we have the fake meats"?

Back