Applicator Pads for Porter Cable 7424?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Porter Cable 7424 Random Orbit Polisher. It's a few years old. I have that sticky velcro attachment (FBP-6DA) I got from properautocare.com years ago. It measures 5 3/4 inches across.

I don't detail professionally but want to get a couple of good pads. One to keep headlights polished with Meguires Mag and wheel cleaner and another to apply wax. I may consider something to take the wax off with.

Any suggestions? I see a lot of pads but I don't know what is really good today.

Chemical guys Hex-Logic pads are great. I like the Griot's pads and they are very durable, but the Hex-Logic pad's pattern helps them glide over compound curves and control product.

I use lake country ccs pads. Orange for most applications. Also pink. I never use the softer pads since im always taking some water spots or something off the paint. Shine is still good after a wax coat.

I also use the cheap orange pass from harborfreight. They dont last as long before they start fraying but are good for a couple of jobs. Run then on 5 not 6, On 6 the backing will get loose before pad wears out. 5-5.5 is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back