Apple Unveils New Product-Unveiling Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple Unveils New Product-Unveiling Product

Steve Jobs: ""For too long, hands-on, maverick CEOs have devoted their valuable time to strutting around on stage and breathlessly describing the features of their new products, in the process encouraging cults of personality that could have a detrimental long-term effect on their companies," Jobs said. "Apple's goal within the next 12 months is to make me totally obsolete."
wink.gif

I don't know if this is supposed to be a joke or what-if it is a joke well fine. But if they really do intend to remove the human element from new product annoucements then I think Apple has gone over the edge. No machine or machine voice can replace Steve Jobs walking onto the stage to annouce Apple's latest and greatest.

Microsoft tried a demonstration of its voice recognition software which had people howling with laughter. I don't think that Apple wants to go through a similiar experience.

Maybe this iLaunch is a joke and maybe it is not. I would prefer to see Apple deliver its new operating systems on schedule and with excellent new features. Their new Leopard OS which was supposed to be launched this spring has been delayed to October and I have heard reports that developments have found the beta versions very buggy. Maybe Apple needs to pay more attention to its OS software. Steve Jobs or somebody else for Apple can walk onstage and annouce the new products. They don't need voice recognition software to annouce new products.

Steve Jobs saved Apple. There are a lot of people who do not like him and I have heard stories that he is not a very nice person but without him Apple would have disappeared several years ago. He left Apple and Apple nearly went under-at one point I was getting ready to sell all of my Apple Computer stuff. Then he came back and flat out saved Apple.

He is a major personality onstage and Apple should forget the voice recognition software for introducing new hardware and software. Steve Jobs is impossible to beat onstage. But he does not look well in my opinion and there have been rumors about him leaving Apple. If he does leave Apple then they need to find somebody with a powerful personality who can replace him. Nobody else at Apple has ever been able to equal Steve Jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back